lunch suggestions please

Options
going to the store today. im going to pick up stuff for a few hungry girl recipes but i need more. (hungry girl or not) preferably no sodium !

thanks!

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if MFP have a recipe book online, where members could put recipes to share with everyone. Or do they have something like that?
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things for lunch all the time usually, either a 2 cup homemade salad with sliced chicken breast, shrimp, or chopped egg or a sandwich of sliced chicken breast, lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, and dijon on the weight watchers bread. During winter season I often make homemade chicken soup (onion, celery, turnip <tastes just like potato in the soup>, egg white noodles) or chili with ground turkey and lots of various beans on the weekend to take for lunches during weekdays.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if MFP have a recipe book online, where members could put recipes to share with everyone. Or do they have something like that?

You can add recipes into your food database and when you save it, you have the option to share it with everyone else. The problem is, everyone else has to know what name to search for in the database.

Someone else was talking about a recipe club. I suggested starting a thread or a blog where people could add their recipes to the comments so everyone can access them.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things for lunch all the time usually, either a 2 cup homemade salad with sliced chicken breast, shrimp, or chopped egg or a sandwich of sliced chicken breast, lettuce, green pepper, cucumber, and dijon on the weight watchers bread. During winter season I often make homemade chicken soup (onion, celery, turnip <tastes just like potato in the soup>, egg white noodles) or chili with ground turkey and lots of various beans on the weekend to take for lunches during weekdays.

I have got to stop lurking around these boards, you are all making me hungry! :tongue:
  • loriefolk
    Options
    2 cups shredded lettuce, 4 oz lean hamburger meat cooked, pace salsa. Mix it all up and enjoy one awesome "taco" salad. You can even top it with sour cream if you like! :)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Get some fresh sliced oven roasted turkey with no skin (like from a turkey breast, not those gross loaves!)... super high protein, low fat and sodium. That's one of my favorite lunch ingredients. You can tell them to slice it thicker so you can add it to salads too, instead of just sandwiches.
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    TUNA!!! :)
  • barberella
    Options
    Had this for dinner last night, and going home to have it at lunch today...
    *Grilled chicken breast with chopped up Organic baby romaine (or any lettuce/spinach, etc) inside of a Whole wheat tortilla. Also, had some steamed vegetables. It was excellent and so filling..Not too many calories either. I got the low carb (7g) tortillas too.
  • bwleung89
    bwleung89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Had this because I can make it all in a microwave
    1 small baked potato w/o butter (i seasoned it with spices)
    1 can of a favorite soup (i use tomato or chicken noodle)
    1 medium size piece of chicken that is already cooked, just needs to be reheated.
  • KerryWelly
    Options
    I don't know about hungry girl recipes, but follows are 3 of my favourite recipes..

(jerk chicken and rice) Chicken breast butterflied and spread with Duns Jerk Sauce and grilled, served with 1 cup of white rice (measured when cooked) and 3 cups of baby leaf spinach with salad cream drizzle.

(chicken and veg pasta) 1 cup each of bell peppers corgettes (zucchini), red onions, chicken breast, tinned tomatoes and 2 table spoons of very low fat frommage fraise, table spoon of tomato puree and a half a clove of garlic and pinch of herbs.

fry the onion, garlic and chicken off, add corgette and peppers (mushrooms are great in this too) and fry them off till soft (use a table spoon of water and sweat the veg or use a table spoon of olive oil which is really really good for you, add the tinned toms, the tomato puree, seasoning, herbs and simmer for about 5 minutes, then at the end of cooking stir in the frommage frais, this is great with pasta.

(pesto chicken) boil until just tender your choice of veg, I use asparagus, brocolli and cherry tomatoes, dice the chicken breast and mix all the ingredients witht the pesto in an oven proof dish, and pop in the oven for 20 minutes, this is great with rice.

Enjoy x
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    i just had albacore tuna on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato and half a wheel of laughing cow swiss light. if you get the tuna in the 2.5oz. bag its the perfect amount for 1 sandwich and very filling. under 250 calories total
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps are one of my favorites for lunch. You can put almost anything in them.. I posted a recipe for Asian Turkey cabbage cups if you want to look for that, or tuna/chicken salad is great in some romaine lettuce.

Tuna has been one of my main go tos for lunch, super simple I just mix a can of starkist very low sodium white albacore with 1tb. light miracle whip, 1ts. yellow mustard, 2 tbs diced onion, 1-2 tbs. diced celery, add a little black pepper and garlic powder and your all set... Throw it in a whole wheat pita pocket, make a wrap, eat it in lettuce cups, stuff a tomato. ENDLESS possibilities... gotta love tuna!