Need Help

Options
Im new to this web page but have been losing weight for the last year. I have lost over 60 pounds but now have hit a wall and cant get past it. Any suggestions from anyone?

Replies

• niresupernova
    Options
    I think I need more information. Have you been staying within your calories and exercising? What is your sodium intake, how much water do you drink? What method did you use to drop the first 60 lbs?
  • EmilyK3383
    Options
    Bob and Jillian would say that the wall means its your body getting used to your new shape and size. And once it adjusts, you will start losing again. Try doing something new, like adding in 10 min. of a new exercise or eliminating something unhealthy you might occasionally snack on. Throwing something like that at your body may jump start the weight loss again.
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How much have you tried switching things up? Try eating different foods and doing different exercises. I'm a big fan of interval training - alternating speeds/inclines on the treadmill and doing a variety of strength training exercises. It helps prevent your body from getting "used" to what you are doing and keeps the scale going down. Also, there is quite a bit of information out there on the internet about calorie staggering - I have personally never tried it but it seems like an interesting concept. Good luck!