clothes trading anyone???

Options
Has anyone ever thought about this?
Who plays on e-nay? Who has time?
Who gets rid of clothing they can't wear anymore?
WE ALL DO!!!!

I just went through my closet nad I have 4 beautiful skirts, 2 upper knee length, 2 ankle length, never warn. black, green, khaki, with tags

I also have jeans, with tags, 14, 18

anyone else thought of this???

want to trade or need clothes???

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever thought about this?
    Who plays on e-nay? Who has time?
    Who gets rid of clothing they can't wear anymore?
    WE ALL DO!!!!

I just went through my closet nad I have 4 beautiful skirts, 2 upper knee length, 2 ankle length, never warn. black, green, khaki, with tags

I also have jeans, with tags, 14, 18

anyone else thought of this???

want to trade or need clothes???
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What sz clothes are you looking for? I have been giving away to the salvation army. willing to give to anyone that wants clothes that i hardly wore thru my transition stage of my weight loss.
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Dang...I just sold all my smaller clothes on ebay last year. :laugh:

I had jeans in sizes 11-22 that I sold...at the time wearing a 32. Gave up and figured I'd be fat forever...plus I needed to buy new, bigger clothes. :embarassed:

Now I have sizes 24 through 32...which I still wear...depending on the level of bloating I'm experiencing.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    What sz clothes are you looking for? I have been giving away to the salvation army. willing to give to anyone that wants clothes that i hardly wore thru my transition stage of my weight loss.

right now, i am looking to give away, I also have two great pair of Avon Wedge Heels
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Ive got baby girl clothes I can give away right now LOL. Havent lost enough weight yet to grow out of my old clothes.

Connie
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    haha this is funny, 2 weeks ago I threw out 2 garbage bags of way too big clothes. We were moving and I didn't want to lug them around with us. and there was no goodwill nearby. I'll get back to you when my size 12s start to get too big though :laugh:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I think a section on the site for trade-off's or a clothing exchange or something like that for stuff would be a great idea, don't you?

I've got a ton of clothes that I don't fit into now and wouldn't mind giving them away at all. Even some of my shoes seem a little loose now. Is that weird?
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    I think a section on the site for trade-off's or a clothing exchange or something like that for stuff would be a great idea, don't you?

I've got a ton of clothes that I don't fit into now and wouldn't mind giving them away at all. Even some of my shoes seem a little loose now. Is that weird?

Thats a great idea! I hope to one day be able to give away too big clothes. :laugh:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I have recommended this before! I've taken so many lovely items to Good Will!!! I started making babies in 2005, so by the time I had my daughter in 2007, all my pre-baby clothes were kind of out of date, so I basically bought a whole new wardrobe in 2007 which now does not fit!!!

I have a beautiful Tristan suit in a size 8 jacket and size 10 pant (freshly dry cleaned) that I paid over $200 for!!! Gap jeans in 12 & 10, and many other items. I also have lots of tops.

Most clothes are Gap, Jacob, and Tristan. If you are from the US check out Jacob and Tristan online just to make sure it's your style! They are pretty classic pieces though. <www.jacob.ca> <www.tristanstyle.com>

Oh, I also have a lovely winter coat - check out my profile pic of me wearing the grey wool winter coat at Niagara back when I started MFP in March! (size 10). You can also have my Christmas outfit as pictured in my profile pic - Sweater is Medium and pants are 12 (juinior size from Jacob).

I'm willing to send the clothes if the receiver pays the postage!
    :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

Thats a great idea! I hope to one day be able to give away too big clothes. :laugh:

Oh OH! I just thought of another exchange too - how 'bout exercise videos/dvd's? Oh, I would LOVE that!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Oh OH! I just thought of another exchange too - how 'bout exercise videos/dvd's? Oh, I would LOVE that!

I mentioned this on another thread awhile back but no one seemed interested...so I just gave all the tapes that I don't use to my boyfriend lol...but I'm still interested...as I cycle through my DVDs I'm going to want new ones and would love to swap with someone else!
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

I mentioned this on another thread awhile back but no one seemed interested...so I just gave all the tapes that I don't use to my boyfriend lol...but I'm still interested...as I cycle through my DVDs I'm going to want new ones and would love to swap with someone else!

Darn! I wish I had seen that (or maybe that was before I joined?). I SO would've swapped!

or maybe not before I joined. Just saw your "join-date" I didn't know we started about the same time. How cool is that?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Darn! I wish I had seen that (or maybe that was before I joined?). I SO would've swapped!

or maybe not before I joined. Just saw your "join-date" I didn't know we started about the same time. How cool is that?

It's so easy to miss posts though...the boards go so fast on here!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I will try to post some pics for the ones I have as well. I have never worn them....