Tracking food correctly..

Options
How much should you track on your foods. I always track all the things I'm eating, but if I find I can't find it on the list or if it is wrong I just put in the calories without anything else. Plus I do not add my diet pop on at all because they are zero calories.. Should I be putting the pop in? Should I be worried about watching all the other parts of the tracking or just my calories?

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    How much should you track on your foods. I always track all the things I'm eating, but if I find I can't find it on the list or if it is wrong I just put in the calories without anything else. Plus I do not add my diet pop on at all because they are zero calories.. Should I be putting the pop in? Should I be worried about watching all the other parts of the tracking or just my calories?

i think yoiu SHOULD put the pop in that way you can see how much youre drinking. i, personally, think pop is soooo bad for you even if it's 0 calories and if youre trying to cut down, at least if you put it down you can see how much youre drinking and then cut one out here, one out there...and as far as all the other parts besides calories, i'll wait to hear what others say cause i have no idea :)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If you are going to track your calories, don't you want them to be correct? If you drink a lot of diet soda you should probably track it because all the sodium adds up. If something is incorrect correct it or add it. If you know the correct amount of calories and just manually add them I think that's fine, as long as calories are the only thing you are concerned with. If you want to track carbs, fat, sodium, etc then I would enter everything correctly.
  • gcookiemonster
    Options
    If you're watching your sodium levels then you should definitely be tracking your diet pop! That can have a huge effect!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yes you should add the Soda as it has Sodium. It does not count towards your water total but you will be able to see how much sodium you are taking in a day which can make a difference on your weight loss!