Not losing weight

Options
I just had a question regarding my last few weeks of weight loss, or lack there off. I had been losing a pound a week for a few weeks and then MFP changed my calorie count and I haven't been able to lose anything since. I was wondering if I wasn't eating enough calories? Is there any way of adjusting it manually?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    yes, you can adjust it to say whatever you want. I did that for me.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue- when I hit a plateau I manually adjusted my calorie in take (Goals, manual). Be aware- it will list your projected weekly loss as less. Not that that makes it bad, just something to keep in mind. (It worked out for me, I went back to 1 lb a week even though my projection was .8lbs)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    For the life of me I cannot figure out how I did that though-darn! check under "my home" go to "settings." Maybe someone else will know.
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i have also hit a plateau.........frustrating. try changing up your workouts and eating about 100 more calories a day. i'm trying to keep a positive attitude but it is difficult! we're all in this together!
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    Also keep in mind that you might be gaining muscle to replace that fat. A smaller amount of muscle weighs a pound than fat. That's why it's said that the best way to tell if your losing fat is to measure yourself every two to four weeks.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Oh for the technical aspect just click 'My Home' Tab > 'goals' > 'change goals' > select 'custom' and click 'continue'
  • craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice, I actually did some research on other websites and it says for someone of my height and weight, to lose weight I should be eating 1650 calories a day. I got the same amount on two differect websites. I decided to change my activity level to lightly active instead of sedentary and I'm now at 1450 a day instead of 1270. I'm hoping this helps.