silly question about salad??

Options
ok...so i am not sure if this is a silly question or not. i work in the corporate world and they have this massive cafe that i go to for lunch every day where there is this really fabulous salad bar. so i get a salad every day...pretty much the same thing on it every day. my question - should i mix it up...should i not eat the same thing every day for lunch? the only downside is that everything outside of the salad bar is crappy fried food and super unhealthy stuff...
and i definitely know the other option is to bring in lunch which i need to start doing

Replies

• denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you are satisfied with a salad everyday for lunch...stick with it. It is a very healthy lunch choice to make!! And we all need more veggies in our diets :)
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I Think you should be fine, as long as you are watching what you put on your salad. A lot of people tend to think salads are "healthy" but add crutons, cheese, full fat dressings, etc. If you keep it light and simple you should be good.

* I dont know if you like cottage cheese at all, but for a protein boost, and a dressing replacement, i add 1/2 cup cottage cheese to my salads, and there you go! Protein and a ton of saved cals! :)
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I totally agree with the cottage cheese, you can bring some with you and add it to your salad:D!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I LOVE salad! I eat it almost every day but I add to it: I add chicken or steak or rice (lettuce, tomato, celery, carrots, a little apple cider vinegar, 1 svg lite mayo & 1 cup brown & wild rice: try it, yummy, filling & good for you!). I also mix up my foods, though - I don't want my body getting too used to any one thing & then thinking it doesn't have to work as hard :tongue:
    If salads work for you, that's great, though: as someone else mentioned, stay away from the "extras": use vinegar & a lite mayo as dressing (most lite mayos are around 35-40 cals p/svg) instead of oil or fatty dressings. You can add croutons or cheese sometimes as a special treat, even I add cheese (like today!), but not too often unless I need the cals & fats that day.

ENJOY! As someone else also mentioned - it's great you're getting your veggies in since many don't get near enough :flowerforyou:
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    if you're asking if you can still lose weight by eating the same thing everday.. yes of course you can
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    if you're asking if you can still lose weight by eating the same thing everday.. yes of course you can
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    Thanks all! i guess i am lucky...because i dont like salad dressing - at all - so i have never used it. the only bad thing i put on my salad is parmesan cheese which is a weakness of mine!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    A little weakness is human :wink: If you've got the cals & nutrition allowances to cover it, there is no problem then - ENJOY :happy:
  • outersoul
    Options
    I say go for it. My eating doesn't change a whole lot. I like to keep it simple. Everyday it's the same breakfast and the same snacks.
  • Aaronc909
    Options
    Thanks all! i guess i am lucky...because i dont like salad dressing - at all - so i have never used it. the only bad thing i put on my salad is parmesan cheese which is a weakness of mine!

I believe you can pickup a 'lite' version of Parmesan cheese as well :).