SOOO hungry and tired!!!

Options
The first few weeks I have been doing great! I've had lots of energy and not hungry at all. But all of a sudden I am EXHAUSTED and hungry all the time! I am eating the same amount of calories... Not sure what my problem is. Any advice would be great!

I am eating 1500 calories a day and some more if I exercise. I am breast feeding an 8 month old who also eats baby foods so I added 300 calories to the 1200 it gave me.

Replies

• quanta
    quanta Posts: 28
    Options
    I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. When I increase my breakfast calories to 350-500 calories, but kept my daily caloric intake the same, it fixed the problem. I looked at your diary and I think that it would be worth a try to eat a bigger breakfast with protein, fat and carbs like oatmeal or grits etc.

Please let me know if you try it and if it fixed the problem. Good luck!
  • andreanoly
    Options
    Are you tracking your food and if so, what's your ratio of carb intake to protein? You probably need more protein than you are consuming.
  • flabtofabulous
    flabtofabulous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    maybe it is that time of the month??? that always happens to me when my hormones start going crazy LOL

but you are doing SO WELL!!! =D

smile <3
  • quanta
    quanta Posts: 28
    Options
    Andrea, I agree. Her breakfast protein consumption is about 9-10 g and may be too low.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Through the day I go over my protein about every day. I would say my carb/protein ratio is about 60/40.

I don't get that time a month at all while I'm breast feeding! YAY! lol
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that your little one is going through a growth spurt? If you are nursing more, that make you more hungry.

At least, that's my excuse for why I ate so much yesterday... :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is very possible! Thank you for mentioning that! My weigh in is tomorrow so I'll see if I'm still losing weight. If I'm tired and hungry all the time, I don't know if I should eat over my calories or just deal with it.... I have no idea what to do about it. If it's from breast feeding, I should be able to eat a little more I guess.

Is it possible that your little one is going through a growth spurt? If you are nursing more, that make you more hungry.

At least, that's my excuse for why I ate so much yesterday... :)