Not long started - help needed!

Options
Hey all, im new!

I started on monday of this week on a 1500 calorie a day diet... It's been going well, no complaints but today (day 5) ive been absolutely starving all day. Despite this, I've managed to stick totally to my 1500 calories but it's got me thinking...

Has anyone any tips to control the hunger pangs, or good ways to ensure that I feel full after each meal? I found today especially that I was hungry at 9am after a 7.30am breakfast, then I was hungry at 3pm after a 12.30 lunch... just had my dinner at 6.30pm but just know I'm gona have to fight the hunger now until bed

Replies

• LFelix1
    LFelix1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job to you for starting! When you are eating your meals try to slow down and as you eat drink water with your meal. Snack on fruits or veggies ( baby carrots, cucumbers, etc) between meals. Oh, and pickles are zero calories! Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Also, if you add a little excersize you wil have a little wiggle room in your calorie intake. Hope this helps!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You should eat 6 small meals during the day. The times that you said you were hungry are natural and should be supplemented with a snack.

Pickles are high in sodium so not a great snack. Cucumbers would be better.
  • booshfan
    Options
    Thanks guys for your support :)
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    congrats on starting ! I have been on here for 30 days and I am really suceeding! You can too! If you eat more protien you will be fuller and eat smaller meals but more of them through out the day! Snack on fruit or veggies! Raw foods ALWAYS have way less calories! Hope some of this helps! If you make your diary viewable to friends they can help you make suggestions on foods to eat and suggestions on what to change or substitue! Good Luck! :)
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of green tea. It tricks my belly into thinking that its getting something other than water without adding calories.

My favorite is Stash brand chai green tea. YUM!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I find drinking some tea has really helped. I add a little creamer to it for a few calories, but it is something to sip on and it helps me feel satisfied.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree 6 small meals is a better fit. You may want to try blue diamond almonds they have a dark chocolate one curbs my hunger & chocolate craving @ the same time. I love popcorn too. And I stay with mostly water to drink.
    Best of luck!