A Fun, Healthy Habit

Options
Yesterday, I went bike riding on my lunch break (Thanks, Jami!). I haven't ridden a real bicycle in years, and I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had. Yesterday was a beautiful day, and it was so great to get out in the fresh air. It was like being a kid again. I pushed myself pretty hard, and by then end of my ride, I was huffing and puffing and my thighs were burning. I felt so energized for the rest of the day that I am going to make this a habit.

Replies

• fushion243
    Options
    Be careful. I lost weight and got in shape to go on a bike ride with my son and his scout troop. Now I lead that trip, attend a spin class twice a week, have a new bike, and biked a century last year. Low impact on the joints and a great workout and plenty of neat places and events to ride in. In short, it's addictive! Enjoy!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!! I wish i had a real bike....
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I am SOOO jealous. I miss my bike so much. Still way too cold and snowy here :((( And riding a stationary isn't nearly as much fun.
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    Woop! Keep it up. Biking is a pretty sweet feeling.
    And Spin class is a drug
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    I am proud of you! You got some great exercise and you really had a fun time. Thanks for all of your support!
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hey, a fellow biker! Good for you! :bigsmile: Nothing like exploring town on a bike...
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Nice day?

For those of us in the depths of winter...if you were a nutcase and so inclined there is:

www.icebike.com

But yeah, I'm waiting for nicer weather.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nice day?

For those of us in the depths of winter...if you were a nutcase and so inclined there is:

www.icebike.com

But yeah, I'm waiting for nicer weather.

I ride almost every day to work in balmy Indiana (hey, it's 32 now, heat wave!). Of course after the "storm of the century" I was getting some comments from people who couldn't believe it, but hey, I have no car and the roads were clearer than the sidewalks! :bigsmile: