Quick & Easy Recipes??

Options
lEEAVii20
lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
Hey everyone,

Any GOOD healthy convenient recipes to share?

Replies

• wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in some of those also.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    A nice snack that I love is plain nonfat greek yogurt, sprinkled with cinnamin and a packet of truvia. I also sometimes add a 1/4 cup of fiber one cereal to add some crunch. It is really yummy and lots of protein. I usually have this as my evening snack.

Also quick and easy is a homemade chili:

1 lb ground turkey, brown on stove top, then add the following ingrediants and cook until all heated through ( can also add onion if you like, and saute with the meat)
    2 T tomato paste
    12-14 oz crushed red tomatoes with chilies
    garlic powder to season
    1 can white (or really any kind black or red) beans, (kidney, canellini)
    optional 1 cup low sodium fat free chicken broth to make it more soupy, I dont add this because I like it more thick

Comes out to 211 calories. I have all the nutritional info at home, but its very filling and yummy
  • mamaleo1976
    mamaleo1976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Beef Fried Rice from the Kraft Recipe
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/beef-fried-rice-97866.aspx

I made it last night, I omitted green onions, and added the juice from the mandarin oranges in place of the actual oranges, also added about 2 TB of Teriyaki sauce to it. My picky 2 yr old and husband BOTH enjoyed it also! That's always a plus :)

ETO: Calories = 380 and only 7 grams of fat!
  • Alison128
    Options
    Another easy chilli recipe that I love:

In a large skillet brown 1lb ground turkey along with ~half an onion and a couple cloves of garlic (we love garlic at my house!)
    Once the turkey is pretty much cooked, add 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of kidney beans (drained), 1 can of black beans (drained), 2 tablespoons of chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of cumin. Optional to add veggies (ie corn, I buy frozen corn and peas to throw into recipes like this to add veggies) .