Low Sodium Marinade

Options
lilscuder
lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
I'm looking for a tasty Low Sodium Marinade for Baked Chicken, thats quick and easy. I want to start adding baked chicken for my dinner. I'm use to eating it barbecued on the week ends and the bottle of marinades are Loaded with Sodium ! Hope some of you have some tasty recipies. THANX !

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    I use olive oil (to keep the chicken moist) and then oregano, basil, parsley, gives it a good Italian seasoning. And is really good with Baby red potatoes
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorites and I always use bonelss/skinless chicken, always baked never fried for me!

* Lawrys- Italian Garlic, Low Carb 0 everything and only 400mg of sodium per tbsp!

*I also love to put some veggie oil on them, then sprinkle Emerill's Chicken rub ( 0-everything and only 80mg sodium 1/4tbsp) over the top with alittle bit of sea salt and pepper then bake them in the oven!!

* I also have purchased all of the rub's Emeril has for all the other meats too I:heart: him!!

* Lawry's Marinade Buffalo Bbq- 10cal's 350mg sodium! (this is UH-MAZING with yogart ranch dressing for dipping!!!)

*If I am craving a crunch, I coat my chicken in Fresh Gourmet-crispy onions-lightly salted- 40 cals-35mg of sodium per 1 1/2tbsp...these are also amazing on salads and sandwhiches for an extra flavor kick. I sometimes grab a few and just munch on them...their incredibly flavorful!! Great on Tuna too!!

I have a bunch of others but I have a busy day ahead of me and gotta get going, hopefully that's of some help, AND don't forget with spring/summer quickly approaching all of these (except the onion one) are amazing on the grill, I'll send an e-mail later on with even more:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Safeway has their own brand of marinades and they have a Mango Curry Marinade that has only 130mg of sodium per tablespoon at 25 calories. I've taken to using it as salad dressing and it's scrummy. Plan on using it as a marinade for my chicken in the next couple of days.

Otherwise I use a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar with various herbs and spices thrown in for good measure.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash makes 0mg sodium mariades. I would try those. :)
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank-You Soooo Much !