Weekend binging

Options
I noticed that I tend to binge on weekend. I live in downtown Toronto and there are TONS of great restaurants around and I'm always tempted by them, especially on weekends. I'm pretty good at curbing my cravings for unhealthy foods during the week, but when the weekend comes, it's not so easy. Do many of you find that this a problem and if so, how do you handle this?

Replies

• Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't live in TO but I can totally relate to your challenges. I face the same situation on weekends. What I've been trying to do is do a bit more excersice if I know I am going to eat not so healthy food.
  • lchester23
    Options
    I do have that same problem.. Especially because my fiance likes to go out for dinner on both Friday and Saturday so the temptations are there bad. And I may eat a little worse than during the week but I try not to blow the whole meal out.. Maybe just have either the bad meat or the bad sides but not both. Then I don't feel so guilty. Also I make sure to work out on those days and if I do cheap give a little extra in my workout :0)
  • rlmarti4
    rlmarti4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used to have that problem. Now I try to eat before I go out so if I eat, I only eat something small. And if I know where my friends are going out to eat before hand, I look up the nutritional menu on the website before, that way I have a plan of what to order and how many calories I will be eating.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i see where your coming from.. i thought i would have that same problem.. i survived my first weekend by staying busy.. i dont like going shopping and stuff like that, but my mom does, so i asked her to come along.. had a good time with my mom and stayed away from food.. hope you can find something to distract you =]
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Buy all HEALTHY food in advance and dont go to the city/restaurants/out of the house, if its that bad:D Until you can control yourself when you see how healthy food makes your life better:)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Well I plan on going to a bomb *kitten* ramen spot tomorrow. If I know ahead of time that I'm gonna be taking in a lot of food, I usually get some extra calorie burning done days beforehand [as I'm doing now] to prepare for it. If I lose any weight prior to the designated day of eating, the weight gain will usually end up the same weight I was before that day or weekend.

And then afterwards, just go back to the healthy lifestyle. Though, I wouldn't recommend constant weekly binging. Choose the healthier choices when you do happen to go out. But, to each their own.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I tend to let weekends be "cheat days" and it's baaaad with the alcohol! How do I deal with it? I just take the smaller losses and have decided meh, it can take as long as it does. I'm pretty on point during the week and exercise consistently - and it's working. I'm just taking a lot longer than most :)

I work in downtown Toronto :) Just got myself a Roti on Dundas - I work right at Bay/Queen Bay/Dundas. On my way to the roti shop I saw like 12 restaurants I'd "love to try"! I bring my lunch 4 days a week and go out on Fridays :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    If I don't have structure, I have problems. The best thing I found for me was to be busy on the weekend or plan something out so I'm not tempted by the other stuff. Try to work out in the morning so you at least have that under your belt - it may make you want to eat well so you don't "undo" what you put so much effort into.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I do a couple of things really:

1) Plan my big workouts for Sat or Sun mornings.

2) Decide on 1 special meal per weekend and stick to that

3) Weigh in on Sat morninings so I have the full week to "recover" or even out my water retention from the extra sodium

4) Eat a slightly bigger breakfast and an extra snack and have my lunch and dinner at about 4:30-5

5) Plan a special meal for the day that's not take out/restaurant- something tasty but healthy that I cna look forward to eating/preparing.