Trader Joes!

Options
LadyKT
LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
For any of you that shop at Trader Joe's, what are your favorite items from there? I'd say the entire store but, hehe, that's a little silly. I have two favorites. A good favorite and a naughty favorite. The good favorite is the Trader Mings Orange Chicken. Mmmmmmmm yums. The naughty fave has to be the Candy Cane Joe Joes that come out around the holidays!

Replies

• Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mmm, those Joe-Joe's are evil. I can't even buy them cause I'll eat the whole box!

I love the Fage Fat-Free Greek Yogurt, the McCann's Steel-cut Irish Oats in the can, and of course the WINE! Three-buck Chuck baby!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I too love candy cane Joe Joes.....:heart: But my true favorite things there are the beautiful raw nuts and the "Eggplant Garlic Pepper spread". But the one thing I cant go a week with out is the Multi Grain Pilaf. It is the best mid day (in my case shift) Lunch! 200 calories and 9 grams of filling protein! LOVE IT!:love:
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love that the goat cheese is so cheap there. Be careful of their sushi though, it contains wheat and corn products.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    I dont shop at Trader Joes but the family I babysit for does. My favorite things from their cabinets is the frozen creamed Spinach and Fudge Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies. But everything else from there looks/tastes soo good. Oh and I saw a box of Joe Joes on their kitchen table and closed it up and put them away! I bet they are amazing! I chose 2 fudge cookies for 130 cals or 1 Joe Joe for 160 cals
  • LadyKT
    Options
    But the one thing I cant go a week with out is the Multi Grain Pilaf. It is the best mid day (in my case shift) Lunch! 200 calories and 9 grams of filling protein! LOVE IT!:love:

Oooh! I have to see if i can find that - it sounds yummy!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a couple boxes of their frozen brown rice in the freezer to use in a pinch.
  • jenniferlhoffman
    Options
    Hello there!
    I worship at the alter of Trader Joe's... They have saved my supper many a time. Here are a couple of good things to try. The 'Healthy 8' salad mixers in the produce section mix up all the crunchiest vegetables in tiny pieces to add to either your salad or a stir fry. Also, if you are feeling like a comfort food night, make your family spagetti and meatballs, but save a few of Trader Joe's Turkey meatballs for yourself. Mixed with 1/2 cup of organic marinara and ONE piece of crusty bread, it is worth the 350 calories for supper. And last but not least.... any dark chocolate bars are worth it there. Their serving sizes are often four blocks of chocolate, but its soooo rich that two is way more than enough. Those last in my cupboard for weeks.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    3-Buck Chuck wine of course ;-)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How funny, I just got home from shopping at TJ's just a few minutes ago. I LOVE that their produce is super duper cheap and delish. I was sad to discover they aren't carrying buffalo burgers anymore though. I get my ground flax seed there, a lot of produce there, frozen strawberries, frozen chicken tenders (no added salt). I stock up on the low sodium broths every time I go. I love their 21 seasoning salute blend(like Mrs Dash but less expensive).

Heck, it's 2 Buck Chuck at my local TJ's.

Basically, I love everything there. :D
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I too love candy cane Joe Joes.....:heart: But my true favorite things there are the beautiful raw nuts and the "Eggplant Garlic Pepper spread". But the one thing I cant go a week with out is the Multi Grain Pilaf. It is the best mid day (in my case shift) Lunch! 200 calories and 9 grams of filling protein! LOVE IT!:love:

LOVE that spread too.. i eat it out of the jar hahaha gross i know. i used to buy their powerberries (chocolate covered berry-mix) but i am abstaining from chocolate.. during holiday season they also had this chocolate sea salt caramel biscuit thing WHICH WAS SO GOOD. i am not sure if anyone knows what i am talking about. it came in a red box. another guilty indulgence would be their vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookies : ) my roommate (who's really skinny) would literally eat the whole package in 2 days!

their sliced smoked gouda cheese is really delicious as well but i am leaning more towards a vegan diet so no more of that! plus it's 100 calories a slice.

now i often buy their oriental rice crackers to snack on (110 calories for 1/2 cup) mmm love it!

yeah basically i just love trader joe's.

ok all this talk is making me hungry now!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I love their garlic hummus, honey wheat pretzels, pumpkin butter (OMG SO GOOD), their whole wheat english muffins, and the citrus glazed chicken in the frozen section. Also amazing in the frozen section are the Indian dishes, the french onion soup bags, and the little mini-pizzas. I get those to satisfy the occasional pizza craving. They're small, not that terrible for you, and totally satisfy the pizza urge. :)
  • LadyKT
    Options
    How funny, I just got home from shopping at TJ's just a few minutes ago.

I'm going tomorrow morning! That's why i'm trying to get some ideas :D
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Frozen Salmon Patties. I eat as burgers and also flake them up into other dishes.
    Roasted Plantain Chips. True love at first bite with these, I can't get enough of them.
    French Macaroons. As an every now and again treat. Sometimes I like 'em still partly cold in the center.
    100 cal pack Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. They taste like toffee and it's a decent serving for a 100 cal pack.

Not Trader Joe's products but:
    Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. Always cheaper here, even then the sales at the other stores.
    Shrimp and Surimi pre-made salad. I use my own dressing for even less calories and it's big and filling.

They also carry some local bakeries products that make me happy to know where I can get 'em when I want 'em. (hadn't found them since I'd worked at a specialty grocery store four years ago)
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My favorite treat from Trader Joe's is the chocolate mochi. It is to die for.
  • mfergie889
    Options
    Edamame hummus and their herbed Chevre goat cheese! I wish they had better produce as far as fruit is concerned, but every other category they win over other grocery stores!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love the Artichoke Anitpasto. It's in a jar near the pasta stuff. I spread it on my sandwiches instead of using cheese or mayo and it has a great taste! Also use it on chicken. I buy the sliced lunch meat, which doesn't have all of the preservatives like the stuff at the grocery store...I love their small packs of nuts, too. It helps for portion size when I'm craving cashews!! Their produce is fantastic, too! I LOVE shopping at TJ's!

Amy
  • Calicoskies
    Calicoskies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love the frozen fish selection. I also like the frozen brown rice. I always get some salsa, tea tree tingle body wash, chewable melatonin (really helps me sleep soundly). I love the powerberries, but can't stop eating them till the bag is gone. I like their little tiny cheese ravioli (dried pasta) it's very good and nice nutrition facts for a pasta. I get my Puffins cereal there, good price. I get olive oil popcorn and kettle corn. I make a killer TIRAMISU and their mascarpone is the best price. I love the organic margarita pizza. I always have a pound plus 72% dark chocolate bar in the house.
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Waaaahhhhh!!!!! There's no Trader Joe's in Canada, so sad, I used to love shopping there. I remember some friends of ours constantly buying the big bottle of terriyaki sauce hahaha.

Ven
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This fig walks into a bar.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    The whole wheat pizza dough in the fridge section. We get about 3 a week. I make veggie calzones, pizza and mini pizza's with them. The granola bars and blue corn tortilla chips are great too.