Body Wraps.....

Options
Hello everyone.....
So I was looking around and wondering, how helpful are this body wraps we ofter hear about? I know they are super expensive but I wouldn't mind paying for a couple of them if is going to help me with my weight loss :tongue:

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the spa type thing where they turn you into a human burrito? If so I didn't know it helped with weightloss... I could use a spa day!
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight, you'll put it back on.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I really dont think it makes long term difference, or everyone would be doing it:D
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    I have heard of this working The Biogénie Body Countouring System
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I had one it was a herbal wrap i did lose inches off wait and hips but lets face it it was only water. so it was short live. Did i enjoyed it yes. You feel good afterwards and smell good lol
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I did that once a long, long time ago. The loss of inches comes from water being pulled out of your body. It comes right back.

Although it was very, very relaxing.
  • lchester23
    Options
    I have done this and was dissapointed. I did loose a little right then but it was more like a detox..And it was right back.. I say no but who knows:0)
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    correction: Waist
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I had one awhile back, before I lost any weight. They measured me before and after and told me I lost all these inches. But, I couldn't see a visible difference at all. I think when you have a lot of weight to lose, you aren't going to see it. Maybe if you are pretty slender already, it may smooth you out or something. But, I wouldn't do it again. But, I CAN see a big difference after these last 7 months of eating right and exercising! So, I say, try that route and save your money! :flowerforyou:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if you had an event you wanted to shed a few pounds or inches for, but they definitely don't have long term effects. I have had a few.
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks, I didn't think I'd get all this responses .... I guess I'll try it just for the detox and relaxing part, but not for the Weight off part...
    Thank you all!
  • determined74
    Options
    Unfortunately wraps only are good for reduction of water weight. I was looking too for the same and did a lot of research on the subject along with trying a few products. I've went to a spa and they don't wrap you like you see on some of websites such as wrapping each limb individually.

What the wraps do that are shown online... first of all those wraps can be nice cosmeticly and as a temporary fix but you'll gain the water weight back in a day or two. The reason people lose inches is because the bandages are used as compression. What I mean by this is that is basically acts as a girdle, compressing everything in. Then you're to "sweat" for however long they say to wear them. Hence losing water weight.

My opinion of them, don't waste your money. Exercise, keeping hydrated, and eating fruits and vegetables do the same thing and the results there are permanent. Its nice to see instant results but if you don't do their "cleansing" type of diet with it and stick with it, you could be disappointed in the end. As I mentioned, they can be good for a temporary, quick, cosmetic "fix" though - just don't be disappointed when you gain the water weight back.