Calories going down

Options
Hi All, I have been doing a "Firm" workout for two weeks now. In the beginning I could burn about 420 calories. Now today I burned 357. The number of calories I burn has been slowly coming down. I don't think I can increase intensity, so do I just need to lengthen my workout time?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Calories burned will decrease as your weight decreases. If you don't want to up the intensity, you will need to extend the workout to burn the same as you used to at a higher weight.
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    I am running into the same thing. The exercises I do I can't really intensify anymore either, so I'm switching up my exercises and adding more to my workout.
  • jessicagaray
    Options
    You burn less calories as your weight decreases....if you want to burn the same calories lengthen your workout or add in maybe a different kind of workout too?
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    as your body gets use to your rountine i think your heart beat gets use to it. also as you lose weight the less calories you burn, although building muscle helps burn more calories while at rest. when i first started 4.0 on a treadmill would raise my pulse a lot, now i can walk 4.0 for a cooldown after a run. i would suggest changing your rountine up some. good luck.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ugh - Since I have only been doing it for two weeks, I thought I would have more time. Thanks everyone.
  • TIFnFIT
    TIFnFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add some interval training into your weekly workout, at least 1x/week 2x if you can, if you don't want to extend the time. The fast/slow/strength combo burns more caloriesand fat than following the typical curve. Good for you and Good luck!!!:heart:
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm the same.
    3 weeks in and it's taking me an extra 10 to 15 minutes to burn the same calories.
    I've started to add new exercises in and strength training now.
    Keep going!!