How to count calories on homemade foods

Options
So for lunch today I had a chicken, cucumber and mayo on whole wheat sandwich, how do you count calories on something like that? I logged it as a chicken salad sandwich but dont know if that will come up as more or less calories? Anyone know how?

Replies

• emh009
    emh009 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I break down what I made into components- So for you, I'd individually log the bread, the chicken, the cucumber, and mayo . You should be able to use the search tool to find most things you would use in cooking!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Under the food section you can enter in recipes.
    I use recipes for anything under the sun from a peanut butter jelly sandwich, to low sodium chili that I make, to the low-fat tuna salad that I have twice a week. If its homemade, I usually record it under recipes.

I hope I helped!
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    2 choices: enter each item like cucumber, then the bread, then the chicken....or you can make a recipe for it under your food diary and add each ingrediant....hope this helps.
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    Under the food section you can enter in recipes.
    I use recipes for anything under the sun from a peanut butter jelly sandwich, to low sodium chili that I make, to the low-fat tuna salad that I have twice a week. If its homemade, I usually record it under recipes.

I hope I helped!

What a great idea. I never thought to do this and I bet it's really helpful. Thanks for the great tip!
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just log everything by itself, sometimes its alot of work but worth all the time..
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that helped alot, now i dont have to log it in by either guessing the calories or by choosing something that kind of is similar!