Needing some new poultry recipes..

Options
I do not...cannot eat fish lol... I saw a video once and well I am not going to get into details about it but it scarred me for life! I am not a fan of beef... basically the only meat I eat is chicken & turkey... This is how my dinners look every night (my poor husband)

Garlic Lemon Chicken
or

Chicken salad

or

turkey burgers

lol let's just say I am getting really tired of that stuff and my hubby is too nice to say anything about it! I like to keep dinner really light... like under 300 cal.

any suggestions would be awesome!!

Replies

• stephibeth7
    Options
    Turkey chili, Turkey meatloaf, stuffed bell peppers using turkey instead of beef. those are a few of my ideas.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    ooohhh hey that sounds really good!! I'm going to experiment this weekend! you also made me think of turkey tacos!!
  • melcakes
    melcakes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always check out Allrecipes.com! Most of the recipes have nutrition info. I just did their crockpot chicken stroganoff with FF cream cheese and low fat soup and it was FABLOUS!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've made Taco Soup with chicken instead of ground beef (very good!) Chicken enchiladas, chicken soup, baked chicken and quinoa, chicken stir-fry.

Just explore some recipes you like and replace whatever meat they use with chicken or turkey and see how it turns out. Most likely you will find they're just as good. We like beef so I usually make beef stroganoff with actual beef but it would be good with chicken too. Oh! And chicken curry is one of our favorites! Yum!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I think (and I'd have to double check to really know), you can do chicken alfredo pretty close to 300 (maybe a little over). .

4 oz. of chicken is less than 200 calories, plus 1/8 cup alfredo sauce is like 90 calories. Add 1 cup of your favorite pasta and you shouldn't be too far over the 300 calorie goal you're looking for.

You can do the same thing with boneless skinless turkey breasts.

Also, you can get whole wheat tortillas that are 100 calories or less. You chould use either ground turkey or strips of boneless turkey breast for meat. Add in green/red/yellow peppers, mushrooms, and some onions and you've got yourself a mean fajita. A little bit of taco seasoning goes a long way to make this really tasty.

The other day, I cooked chicken in a little wine, a small amount of low fat butter and with mushrooms and onions. Added some parsley, sage, thyme and rosemary. It tasted wonderful!! Add a low calorie side and you're good to go.

Just get a little inventive with what you throw together. :-)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to look at my diary. I am vegan and don't chicken, but I eat the vegan version. Maybe it'll give you some ideas. good luck.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    Thank you so much everybody! I have so many new things to try for next week now! :)
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I make my chicken with crushed pecans or almonds dip in flour then egg whites then nuts and broil or bake in the oven its sooooo yummy, or even bbq if your able to this time of year
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just tried this recently and it was WONDERFUL, even my picky husband loved it.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/12/skinless-chicken-thighs-with-shallots.html

I can't say enough about this site, everything I have tried has been great.
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    im all about easy -- i bake chicken cutlets - breaded in italian breading. i dip in egg, bread, and stick in the oven. (not sure the calories though) ... then for your hubby you can throw on some sauce and cheese and make it chicken parm...
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I just made crockpot chicken enchiladas. Throw a package of chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) in the crockpot (I chop each breastt into 2-3 smaller chunks) with a brick of cream cheese, about 2 cups of salsa or picante sauce, and a can of cream of chicken soup (you can use reduce/fat free of course) and let it cook on high for about 4-5 hours. I also added a bag of thawed corn into the filling too. The chicken is super tender and you just pull it apart with two forks when its done. Then spoon into tortillas of choice, roll up and put into a baking pan. There should be some of the 'sauce' leftover, so I spoon that on top with a little extra salsa. You can top it with cheese or not (I didn't on the pan I made since it was for a dinner at my friend's house and she is allergic to cheese), then bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. I topped mine with lettuce, fat free sour cream, green onions, and shredded cheese before eating..you can also add more salsa, olives, jalapenos, etc to taste.

They are delicious and frequently requested!