Getting from the 200's to the 100's

Options
I am currently 215.......up from 180........any tips on making it a safe but fun trip back to the 100's??? I have been doing the Insanity thing for a few weeks but that is totally not me. I want to work out but not that hard....(if you have tried it you know, they are crazy insane) Any help will do for me :) Love and Praise!!!

Replies

• mapnerd2005
    Options
    ever thought about just walking? If you're willing to take it slow and easy, try walking at a brisk pace for 30-45 minutes. It worked for me.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I went from 230 to now 198.5. So our journeys are similar in nature. I live in a warm climate so I am able to run and walk outdoors for my primary source of exercise. On days when I cant get outside like the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred and for those days when I need something lower impact I do a Leslie Sansome walking workout.

All the best of luck to you and you will be in the 100's before you know it!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Zumba or Turbo Jam videos? Both of those get you sweating but they are actually kinda fun to do.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My favorite is HIP HOP Abs with Shaun T.... it's fun ....he makes me laugh....I love it so much I don't mind doing it everyday and you do cardio, worko on the stomach area....and learn some cool moves....and the guy is eye candy ....so it makes it even more pleasant :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I went from 230 to now 198.5. So our journeys are similar in nature. I live in a warm climate so I am able to run and walk outdoors for my primary source of exercise. On days when I cant get outside like the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred and for those days when I need something lower impact I do a Leslie Sansome walking workout.

All the best of luck to you and you will be in the 100's before you know it!

I completely second this!! I started at 243.9 and I'm currently 197.4 doing literally the EXACT same thing.. outside walking, 30DS and Leslie Sansone. I did buy Just Dance (1 & 2) for the Wii for an added bonus.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cut sugar and flour from your diet, walk 30 minutes a day at a moderate-brisk pace, and drink tons of water. Those simple things work wonders on the body!
  • ghania
    Options
    That is EXACTLY what I am trying to do. (I used to be super cute, now three kids later, I'm just plain cute. ;p) I'm going back to school, so I'm taking a weight training there and I'm doing 15 mins of cardio on the treadmill twice a day at home. And I HATE exercise. I'm tracking my food intake on this site--I didn't realize that I ate so much! My first goal is to lose 10 lbs. of body fat by June 1.

Hope this helps some, and if you have any ideas to pass my way, I'd love to hear em!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Walking has worked very well for me. The trade off is that you have to put a lot of time into it. I was walking 60-90 minutes every morning and another 60-90 ever night when I wanted to lose as fast as possible. Yes, we're talking about up to 3 hours per DAY that I was walking. But I found that I really like to walk so I decided to use the time I would have been parked on my butt in front of a computer or TV to get out there and go. I went from 215 down to 122 in 18 months...
  • goatstew
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing ;) Just exercise everyday, even if it isn't super intense. I set the goal of 30 minutes at least a day. I love doing Just Dance 2 on the wii. I do the Just Sweat Intense workout (it's like 6 songs) every morning. The free step on Wii fit is also nice, you can watch TV while you step at a decent pace. I did 1808 steps yesterday. My calves are a little sore today, ha ha ha. Mainly, just try to make healthy food choices, drink lots of water, and work out everyday. That's what we all should be doing anyway in our everyday lives, right? Good luck with your journey. There are lots of others on similar paths. That always inspires me.
  • ErinHouse
    Options
    Is there a Zumba class in your area? I just started and I'm totally addicted! You should definitely try it. It really gets your heart rate up, but it's so fun.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    I'm on a journey back to the 100's as well. I started at 214.5 and now I'm 202 so very close to leaving the 200's! I've just been making better eating choices and exercising at least 4-5 days a week. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for a couple of weeks and before that I would just do the treadmill or elliptical trainer.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I was well over 200 and a couple more pounds will put me in the 100s, so I know you can do it!!
    Walking is great, so is swimming, or maybe just a mellower DVD. I used Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to start and stayed at level one for what seemed like forever, now I'm finally trying to conquor level 3 and doing some of her other DVDs too. But, you just need to find what is right for you. Keep looking and you'll find something you like!! Try www.exercisetv.tv or your local library for workout DVDs, you can often check them out for at least a week and see if you like it! I live in a tiny town, but my library will request DVDs from other branches, so I've tried a lot that way. Good Luck!!!
  • HDHALL
    Options
    i LIKE TAE BO VERY FUN AND GETS YOU MOBVING AND SWEATING WITHOUT THE OVERWHEMING FEELING OF WORKING OUT. i ALSO GOT KINECT DANCE CENTRAL WHICH IS A FUN WAY TO WORK OFF CALORIES AND i JUST ORDERED ZUMBA. YOU HAVE TO TAYLOR YOUR WORK OUTS TO WORK FOR YOU. i WORK IN SOME STRENGTH TRAINING IN DURING THE WEEK AS WELL.
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love hip hop abs...thats what i started with 3 weeks ago....i added some of the beach body insanity...thats fun too but hard as heck :bigsmile: