Chile Heads - Favorite Hot Sauces?

Options
Just cuz I'm craving it right now...I have a 3ml bottle of Dave's Ultimate Insanity here on my desk at work I just took the cap off and licked, not even lying lmao

Louisiana and Tabasco for everyday, but when I really wanna feel like I just stuck my head in an oven for 10 minutes, my absolute fav is Mad Dog 357 :)

Replies

• fightingdissonance
    Options
    Sriracha sauce is amazing but after that description, I doubt it's hot enough for true hot sauce lovers.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Im a fan of Chalula (i think i spelled it wrong, ah well) garlic and chile
    and Tabasco Chipotle

and good ol Franks
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    FINALLY! Another hot sauce freak like me. I have Dave's Insanity, Black Mamba, Jolokia, *kitten* in the Tub, *kitten* in Space, Kick in the *kitten*, Al Gore's I Invented Hot Sauce, a WIDE variety of habanero hot sauces, and I'll throw those on just about anything. I'll even add Sriracha and hot horseradish to my morning omelette.

My favorite currently would be the Jolokia and Kick in the *kitten* hot sauces. I mix 'em up with some Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy mustard and horseradish for salad dressing and carrot dip.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Im a fan of Chalula (i think i spelled it wrong, ah well) garlic and chile
    and Tabasco Chipotle

and good ol Franks

Ohhh yeah Chaulula (sp? LOL) is good!
  • anubis609
    Options
    It's "Cholula" btw. Lol.

Where do you get your hot sauce? I get mine from hotsauce.com. I'm so tempted to get pure capsaicin extract but I like flavor in my heat...which is the only thing preventing me from buying it. Haha.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    FINALLY! Another hot sauce freak like me. I have Dave's Insanity, Black Mamba, Jolokia, *kitten* in the Tub, *kitten* in Space, Kick in the *kitten*, Al Gore's I Invented Hot Sauce, a WIDE variety of habanero hot sauces, and I'll throw those on just about anything. I'll even add Sriracha and hot horseradish to my morning omelette.

My favorite currently would be the Jolokia and Kick in the *kitten* hot sauces. I mix 'em up with some Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy mustard and horseradish for salad dressing and carrot dip.

OH MAN absolutely!!!!

Those are some goooood sauces you listed! I finally got to try a Ghost Chili sauce a couple of weeks ago, they had some called Ghost Sauce (house brand at the Tijuana Flats hot bar), although it was equivilent to Mad Dog 357, so I don't think it was actual Ghost Chiles, but who knows lol
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Tobasco Smoky, I dab a little behind my ears, I like it so much :smile:
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    It's "Cholula" btw. Lol.

Where do you get your hot sauce? I get mine from hotsauce.com. I'm so tempted to get pure capsaicin extract but I like flavor in my heat...which is the only thing preventing me from buying it. Haha.

Yeah there it is lol

I've been using AmericanSpice.com for a few years....but Firehouse subs sells bottles of Mad Dog and Dave's varieties, so I get my quick fixes there lol Anything exotic and I hit American Spice or the local flea market sauce vendor lol That sounds so underground lmao
  • LesleyCupcakes
    Options
    I love Tobasco & Encona Hot Pepper Sauce! I put it in EVERYTHING!

I absolutely adore Dave's Insanity Sauce too, I craved it like mad when I was pregnant haha!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I always find "weirder" hot sauces at places like the state fair, various conventions, and the Mars Cheese Castle in WI, hahahaha

Otherwise I stick with grocery store ones.

I like Sriarcha, too....but the heat moreso than the flavor.
  • anubis609
    Options
    Hmm.. I think I'll hit up AmericanSpice and see what I can get. The $15 shipping on hotsauce.com can get ridiculous if your order isn't at least $75.

I gotta try Mad Dog too. How is that? Good burn with flavor or is it more heat than anything?
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Hmm.. I think I'll hit up AmericanSpice and see what I can get. The $15 shipping on hotsauce.com can get ridiculous if your order isn't at least $75.

I gotta try Mad Dog too. How is that? Good burn with flavor or is it more heat than anything?

Yeah they have all kinds of hot mustards, nuts, etc. as well, great site!

The Mad Dog is insane....from my research, it's the hottest sauce available that isn't technically an extract...it's just below the limit...any more heat and you wouldn't taste any flavor, which hey it's all good with me I mainly use it for the heat lol

If you have a firehouse subs near you, you can get a bottle of it for $4.99!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I definitely prefer spicy food and want almost everything spicy. I haven't really tried out the hot sauces you've mentioned but I've heard of them.

I MUST always have my kitchen stocked with pickled jalapenos, Tabasco, Cholula, Louisiana Hot sauce, Red Pepper flakes, Chipotle with adobe sauce. I prefer to have something spicy with almost every item of food unless its dessert lol.

I can't really add those items to my cooking as I'd like to since my kids are sissies (lol just kidding, they just have the normal kid sensitive tongues).
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    I definitely prefer spicy food and want almost everything spicy. I haven't really tried out the hot sauces you've mentioned but I've heard of them.

I MUST always have my kitchen stocked with pickled jalapenos, Tabasco, Cholula, Louisiana Hot sauce, Red Pepper flakes, Chipotle with adobe sauce. I prefer to have something spicy with almost every item of food unless its dessert lol.

I can't really add those items to my cooking as I'd like to since my kids are sissies (lol just kidding, they just have the normal kid sensitive tongues).

Good list! :P Definitely on the Red Pepper flakes, I keep a jar of Ground Cayenne in my spice rack, dump that in anything I know I'm eating by myself lol
  • petchonka82
    Options
    I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy foods, but I do use Franks Red Hot in a lot of different recipes and for the sauce on my chicken wraps.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    LOL, yeah I have cayenne, of course. Didn't think of that since I consider that part of the normal addition to any cook's spice rack :).

Whenever my mother visits she makes me tons of her kimchi for me and I'm always telling her to dump more Korean red pepper in there and she thinks I'm insane lol. I have to beg her! But that pepper is really not 'spicy' ..it dissipates quickly and has a sweet finish.
  • anubis609
    Options
    I really do wish I brought hot sauce with me to work. I just had a veggie delite from Subway right now for lunch with extra jalapenos and banana peppers. I felt a tickle on my head...then it went away. I want a wave of ZOMGWTFBBQLOL going from the base of my spine to the hairs on my eyebrows. Hahaha.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    LOL anubis..
    One of my husband's friends used to embarrass us at restaurants in our 20's. We'd go eat some Chinese or something and he'd tell the waiter "I want it SOOO HOT that the people in the kitchen come out and try to see who is eating it and crying!".
  • anubis609
    Options
    LOL anubis..
    One of my husband's friends used to embarrass us at restaurants in our 20's. We'd go eat some Chinese or something and he'd tell the waiter "I want it SOOO HOT that the people in the kitchen come out and try to see who is eating it and crying!".

THAT is hilarious. I kind of wanna go to a Thai restaurant and tell them that their spicy foods, aren't really that spicy. I'm sure the cattle-prodding comment will force them to add more to my liking... But seeing as "backhanded compliments" aren't highly regarded as praise in the restaurant industry, I withhold statements like that because I don't want to question the viscosity in my broth-based soup. (o_O;)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    That's my hubby. He and my cajun friend bet each other they couldn't do a shot (a whole shot glass) of Dave's. They both did it. :noway: They are insane. My hubby did it with no chaser, my friend did it with a beer chaser.

That's just too damn hot. But I love me some Chipotle Tabasco. Food has become a tabasco sauce delivery mechanism now. LOL