Vegetarian Help

Options
I have been a vegetarian for 2 1/2 years and would love to find friends whom are also. I have slowly worked my way into vegetarian from "junk-a-tarian" (carb loaded diet to replace meat instead of veggies). I don't have any in "real life" and I would love to get ideas from fellow MFP followers from your food diary. Please friend request me if you don't mind sharing your veggie lifestyle with me!

Thanks!

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    While I do not have my diary public you can feel free to friend me. I've been a vegetarian for my entire life and was a vegan for a number of years. PM me if you ever want to talk about food or tips.
  • Maggiethu
    Maggiethu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    On it! Though I am a cheater and eat a piece of salmon about once a week (its too delicious and healthy for me to give up!) But I'm looking for new food ideas as well!
  • Depplover28
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 3 years. Feel free to friend request me or check out my diary :]
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site. im vegan so feel free to friend me and check out my diary. good luck.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fairly busy lifestyle? I found myself relying on a lot of foods that were quick and easy because I didn't feel like I had the time to cook.

Here's what I did last Sunday. I went grocery shopping and loaded up my cart with the fruits, veggies, grains and so on that I needed. I looked at a couple of recipes beforehand to see what I might want to make, but it's always pretty easy to sub ingredients if the store doesn't have something. Then, I went home and I prepped a lot of the veggies and grains for the week. I sliced onions, bell peppers and cucumbers and put them in bags. I bioled red skin potatoes and sweet potatoes and also put them in containers. I made brown rice, steel cut oats, soba noodles and wheat berries. Some went in the freezer. Some went in the fridge.

So, when I get up in the morning, and I need a healthy, quick breakfast because I have to get to work, I can quickly scramble some eggs and heat up some oats with milk or water, mix in a little flax, some brown sugar or honey and some dried fruit and I'm out the door. Lunch? I usually make an extra portion of dinner and take that. Dinner? I use a lot of my prepped foods and throw together tofu tacos, stir fry with peanut sauce... whatever comes to mind.

Tomorrow, I found a wonderful sounding recipe for sweet potato hash that I am going to try, and I'm planning to mix in some carmalized onions with balsamic vinegar, top with a poached egg and eat with some non fat Greek yogurt.
  • dlambert11
    dlambert11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegan/vegetarian (like 80% Vegan) for about 6 weeks now....yes I am new at the whole no meat thing. Feel free to check out my food diary.