Trying to lose weight for my "wedding"

Options
This summer my husband and I are celebrating our 20 year anniversary and plan on renewing our vows during a big party with family and friends.

I weighed 153 lbs when we married almost 20 years ago, and just a few months ago I was up to 238 lbs.

When we first married we could not afford to have a wedding reception so our wedding was simply 10 minutes with a handful of family in front of a justice of the peace. Now that we are financially capable of having a big reception, I DO NOT want to be embarrassed or fearful of having my beautiful ceremony captured on camera because I hate the way I look.

My husband is in the best shape of his life. He's always had a very high metabolism so he's never really battled being overweight. He is also currently deployed to Afghanistan (comes home in a few days...yeay!) so he's had a lot of time to exercise. I work full time, have to pick up our daughter from afterschool care, 2 hours of helping her with homework, have to cook dinner, clean the house (which is way too big for us) and try to fit in exercise and showering before I go to bed at night. Most nights I don't get to bed till 11pm and have to be up at 5:30 in the morning...and I still need to plan my "wedding". I hope things get better once my husband gets home.

On September 21, 2010, the day my husband had to go back to Afghansitan after his 2 weeks of R&R, I decided to lose weight...seriously this time. I was at 229 lbs. I started MyFitnessPal.com 26 days ago when I was at 219 lbs. Now I am at 212 lbs. I would love to be down to 185 lbs or less before my June "wedding". Wish me luck ;)

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good luck to you! Friend me for some support.
  • yolandita
    yolandita Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck Glo, mind if I call ya Glo? You Can Do It!:wink:
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start! Best of luck on your journey!
  • grumbelina
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it, and your daughter will be proud of her beautiful mommy.
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    you can do it!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! You have come to the rest place!!! Welcome to MFP!!!! I love it here the people are so nice and friendly :)
  • kspedsrn
    kspedsrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Stay focused and you can do it! You have the motivation you need. Just keep that day in mind and you will succeed. I am working towards my goal for the same reason. I am getting married in september so have more time, but have already bought my dress and REFUSE to have to exchange it for a bigger size! I want to look good for the big day and that is my motivation also. Good luck to you. If you ever need extra pushing, let me know!
  • homicide
    homicide Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck stay the course.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    That is romantic you are renewing your vows. I hope i'm married that long. You can do it. Do for wedding, your husband, daughter but most of all do it for your self. WE as women get so caught up it taking care of everyone else that we stop taking care of ourselves. You can and will in fact do it. I believe that you can and you know can. I can't wait to see the bueatiful pictures of your wedding in June!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Have faith in yourself!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    You can do it! That's awesome that you're working on a goal and are excited. :)
    Wonderful your loving man is coming home and that y'all have plans for a June "Wedding". You can do it and I'm sure your man will help when he comes home. At least he can help with the daughter. :)
    Work out together and clean the house together and blah blah blah.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hmm... hubby on his way home after months apart... I can think of ONE aerobic exercise that you'll be getting a lot of! :embarassed:

You're off to a great start, and you're going to be gorgeous at your renewal. :heart:
  • NancyJane116
    NancyJane116 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gloria, congrats on 20 years! Its an awesome accomplishment! Best of everything towards your goal, you can do it! Looki foward to your "wedding", keep smiling and know it is so worth the effort! Yay for Gloria :)
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you go girl!!!!
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcomed. I look forward to posting and reading your posts. Have a great weekend and happy dieting.
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Soooo excited. I booked the DJ and the table & chair linen decorator for my "wedding" today. I've got the banquet hall but I am having a hard time deciding on the food/caterer. The only downer recently is that my husband isn't coming home from Afghanistan this Sunday after all, it's not till late next week...I know it's only a few more days but he's been gone for a year and I miss him like crazy :(