Lowest Cal/Least Harmful Snacks?

Options
What are some good low cal foods that you can snack on for a bit, without regretting it later ha. I'm not talking about a simple fruit instead, once in awhile you just feel the need to snack on something for awhile. Any good choices?
Before I started dieting, my downfall was potato chips. I'd eat tons, once in awhile I still have an urge but I've dropped out chips completely, but was just curious if there was anything hah just in case.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    maybe you bake your own sweet potato chips
  • promiseskept
    Options
    I like the quaker rice snack cakes, ranch and sour cream...give me the crunch I miss.
    I also am a big fan of popcorn, eating it drzzled with olive oil is good too!!
  • james3302
    Options
    Veggies
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    alpen bars are nice, 70cals and fairly filling!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Baked lays are reasonable if you need the crunchy salty fix, smart pop bags or kettle corn or butter flavors, i am big on quakes mini rice cakes too
  • jillerin457
    Options
    Popcorn is great, especially if you make it yourself so you can control what goes on/in it. I'm also a huge fan of Popchips, esp. BBQ. They're lower calorie than regular potato chips and have way less bad stuff in them, and way more enjoyable than Baked Lays!
  • relhcsrof
    Options
    mmmmm! them are yummy!!!!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I like baked lays for chips..but if you dont' want any of those. I like the wheatables nut crisps..they're like nut crackers haha...anyway. The almond ones are really great with some lowfat sharp cheddar. Blue Diamond makes tons of flavored almonds..smokehouse, jalapeno, habanero, lots of other flavors that I can't think of at the moment.

Also, sugar free jell-o puddings and jell-o. I like the Dove Dark Chocolate promises 1 piece is roughly 40 calories.

My fav popcorn is Tender White or Homestyle...both lightly buttered and salted..super yummy!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn, veggies, sweet potato fries (home made and baked), pickles (just watch the sodium).
  • sun1000000shine
    sun1000000shine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Carrots, lots of crunh..........no fat
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You could always bring a bag of lightly seasoned vegetables like celery, carrot sticks [or baby carrots if you prefer], cauliflower, and broccoli. Another thing I do is get some whole grain cereal and take a baggie of it with me to work. The hand-grab-in-a-bag method seems to satisfy the psychological need to reach for something to eat. Make your own Chex mix. You get to control the sodium that way.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    muller light yougurts? they have no fat and arnt that many calories and you can get all kinds of flavours...
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Popcorn is great, especially if you make it yourself so you can control what goes on/in it. I'm also a huge fan of Popchips, esp. BBQ. They're lower calorie than regular potato chips and have way less bad stuff in them, and way more enjoyable than Baked Lays!

LOVE Popchips...I'm a potato chip addict too and these are EXCELLENT :-) My fav is the sea salt and vinegar
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    "food should taste good" and "garden of eatin" have some pretty healthy tortilla style chips. I also like Stacy's Naked Pita chips although I am avoiding those for a while because I eat too many.

Other ideas are cottage cheese, and hard boiled eggs
  • mandalina23
    Options
    When I did WW a while ago, I used to buy the Light Lays Potato Chips, they have bbq, sour chream and chedder and they also have tortialla chips, it's about 70 Cals for an ounce, I used to get those to take the edge off of those savory snack cravings.

I also like to get the petite pickles if you like pickles bc they are low in cal and you can have a few to snack on while sitting in front of the computer or while watching some tv.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My go to chip replacements are:

Special K Cracker Chips - 27-30 chips per 110 cal serving (depending on flavor)
    Humbled Baked Pita Chips - 1 oz serving is 120 cal and you get 30+ chips
    Mr. Krispers Baked Rice Krisps - 35 chip (sorta cracker-y) serving is 120 cal

If you need a tortilla chip fix, grab a bag of Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas. Take two and cut them into eight wedges each. Heat your oven to 350, lay the wedges on a cookie sheet and spray (very, very lightly) with cooking sort and sprinkle lightly with salt and/or other seasonings, turn and repeat. Cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side or until crisp. 16 tortilla chips for 80 calories. :)
  • jillerin457
    Options

LOVE Popchips...I'm a potato chip addict too and these are EXCELLENT :-) My fav is the sea salt and vinegar

Okay, I must confess, this conversation made me crave Popchips so bad I just had to eat some! Guess I'll be going easy on dinner tonight! ;)
  • SARAHWALKER25
    Options
    i am addicted to Ligh lays orginal potato chips.... They taste like the regular potato chips but with only 75 cals and 0 fat per 20 chips!!! Love them!!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to Ligh lays orginal potato chips.... They taste like the regular potato chips but with only 75 cals and 0 fat per 20 chips!!! Love them!!

I agree with this. While I try not to eat them too often alone, when I'm with friends and snacks are in abundance, these are a LIFE (and calorie) saver! They're perfect for gatherings where you're the only person calorie conscious :)
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh my god you guys. ha, I got a bag of Pop Chips today.... AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!