super bowl

Options
if you are doing something for the super bowl, what are you going to make? what foods will you serve? Any ideas?

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    idk bout serving but i do plan on spending 2 hours exercising cuz i am not gonna withhold from myself on the superbowl!!! here comes the dip! haha ( i bet sum ppl on here would think i was crazy for eating all that food) well maybe i am...prolly either chili and the fixings or hot dogs or something else in the same genre- lots of dips and chips hahaha...its gonna be like cheat week haha lol...i hope u find what ur looking for to keep within your calorie necessity!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    fresh veggies and hummas
  • asm12707
    Options
    well i want buffalo wings and i will be making some, just worried that once i eat one i wont stop lol. im with u about the 2 hours of working out lol
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    yeah...i mean it only happens once a year...and i am not of the opinion that completely cutting out foods from ur diet is a "happy" way to diet...if u want sum wings u eat them...maybe just limit urself to __blank number of wings and get those and dont even think about touching them again!
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    The people in my world don't deal well with change and certainly can't deal with not having the 'good old stand-by's", so here is MY version:

BAKED tortilla chips with salsa

Old Wisconsin turkey sausage stix & reduced fat chunk cheese (sliced)

Fresh fruit with a light dip (in my family a veggie tray doesn't hardly get touched, but if I put out a fruit tray they eat it up!)

BAKED chicken wings

Drinks? Budweiser Select 55 or wine spritzers (it cuts the calories in half!!!)

Enjoy the game....GO PACKERS!!!!
  • asm12707
    Options
    The people in my world don't deal well with change and certainly can't deal with not having the 'good old stand-by's", so here is MY version:

BAKED tortilla chips with salsa

Old Wisconsin turkey sausage stix & reduced fat chunk cheese (sliced)

Fresh fruit with a light dip (in my family a veggie tray doesn't hardly get touched, but if I put out a fruit tray they eat it up!)

BAKED chicken wings

Drinks? Budweiser Select 55 or wine spritzers (it cuts the calories in half!!!)

Enjoy the game....GO PACKERS!!!!

yummy sounds good
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Taco dip, nachos, Party sub, beer. yum
  • asm12707
    Options
    Taco dip, nachos, Party sub, beer. yum

i forgot about the nachos make that 3 hours of working out lol
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Received these great options from Whole Living today: http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/super-bowl-recipes? .The Everyday Food Light Issue also has a great Super bowl menu.
  • asm12707
    Options
    Received these great options from Whole Living today: http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/super-bowl-recipes? .The Everyday Food Light Issue also has a great Super bowl menu.

thanks i need to surrond my self with healthier options so i wont over do it on the wings
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat veggies with lite ranch dressing, hummus with Mary's Gone Cracker's (all grains, no wheat), and fresh strawberries. I only allow one cheat day a month and I'm saving mine for Valentine's Day! Next month, St. Patty's Day, April, my birthday...etc! Plan ahead!
  • asm12707
    Options
    I'm going to eat veggies with lite ranch dressing, hummus with Mary's Gone Cracker's (all grains, no wheat), and fresh strawberries. I only allow one cheat day a month and I'm saving mine for Valentine's Day! Next month, St. Patty's Day, April, my birthday...etc! Plan ahead!

ive never had hummus how does it taste?
  • BirdsofaFeather
    Options
    It is really good! Try any Trader Joe's brands. Cheap and tasty!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Wholly Guacamole dip w/ Garden of Eatin' Blue Tortilla Chips - YUM! I taste tested it today.
  • yacker678
    Options
    I don't know what I am going to eat yet, but I am going to eat something. I am going to gym early in the morning and I am going to kick my own butt. Hopefully then I won't feel as guilty
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i am going all out, like every year.
    super bowl is like a holiday for me.

hot wings, pigs in a blanket, fried pickles and chips & dip
    BEER BEER BEER
  • Alison128
    Options

Delicious!
    I have a super easy recipe for garlic hummus:

2 cans of chick peas, drain liquid into a separate bowl, set aside
    2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (or to taste)
    2 tbsp EVOO
    the juice squeezed from one lemon (or 1 tbsp lemon juice)
    Blend together (I use a hand blender)

Then add 1/4 cup of the liquid drained from the chick peas. If it's still too thick add a bit more olive oil.

Delish! Perfect with veggies or pita chips.. fresh pita.. as a spread on sandwiches.. love it
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I'm gonna try making Vegan "chicken" wings. I just had some made with Gardein nuggets, and they were TDF! Also some other vegan apps....I made an amazing roast garlic, tofu aoili with veggies once, and I have a ton of really good cookbooks, so I am gonna have fun :laugh: I am trying to give everyone gas :bigsmile: Love Vegan food!!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have not went over my calories since I started a month ago. I am going to work out then eat a little of what they are having. It will actually give my body a kick and help my metabolism.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    Options

Yum! Garlic is the best! and they have whole wheat pita bread now! I'm making this! Thanks :tongue:

Delicious!
    I have a super easy recipe for garlic hummus:

2 cans of chick peas, drain liquid into a separate bowl, set aside
    2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (or to taste)
    2 tbsp EVOO
    the juice squeezed from one lemon (or 1 tbsp lemon juice)
    Blend together (I use a hand blender)

Then add 1/4 cup of the liquid drained from the chick peas. If it's still too thick add a bit more olive oil.

Delish! Perfect with veggies or pita chips.. fresh pita.. as a spread on sandwiches.. love it