Turkey Burger Recipes

Options
I am love turkey burgers...so much that I can never go back to a regular burger, so... I am looking for your favorite Turkey Burger recipe, I do a simple one that my kids, love... 1lb of ground turkey 1 package of spicy hidden valley ranch mix... cook and top with a garlic aioli sauce, and the standard veggie toppings.

I am looking for some other variations I can try so if you found a go to recipe please share,

Thanks in advance MFPeep's

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Me too! I resisited it for so long and now I love it! The italian sausage flavored ground turkey is super good!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    YUMO!! Whens dinner???

I love them too!
    I use 1 package of turkey lean ground
    1 can of green chilies diced
    1/4 cupish of feta cheese
    handful of crasians (sp)

They are super yummy!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I did some this summer with ground turkey, an egg, some bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce.. grilled them and yummo!!! The kids even loved them! Didn't even need ketchup or anything, just the burger on a whole wheat bun with some veggies!
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    Me too! I resisited it for so long and now I love it! The italian sausage flavored ground turkey is super good!

Oooo! I have to try that!
  • Lutiebelle
    Lutiebelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe for Turkey Meatloaf. Makes great sandwiches the day after (if any is left over).

TURKEY MEATLOAF

2 tbsp olive oil
    1 medium-sized onion, chopped
    2 lbs ground turkey
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    1/2 cup peeled and grated Granny Smith apples
    1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
    1/4 cup defatted chicken broth
    1 tbsp peeled, finely minced garlic
    1 tbsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp fennel seeds
    Salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a nonstick skillet over med-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.

Remove the onion to a large bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix together gently until just combined. Do not overmix.

Turn the meat onto a foil-lined baking sheet and form into a 9x5-inch oval loaf. Bake for 45 min. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.

Serves 4-6.

Per serving (based on 6): 299 calories, 12g carbs, 36g protein, 11g fat, 168mg cholesterol.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I just use the instant stuffing when I make my turkey burgers. Not stove top because it has way too much sodium. Usually the store brand doesn't have as much.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    These are my favorites: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/southwestern-turkey-burgers . Instead of a chile + Jack, I use pepper jack. These are very moist and incredibly tasty. I get 6 burgers out the recipe, instead of 4.
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    thanks for the good ideas
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Im obsessed too! I've had one every day for lunch this week :) this time, I mixed crushed red pepper and Tastefully Dimple's Fiesta mix in the meat. But I've also thought about chopping some jalapenos to put in the meat. Or I've heard of making 1 patty, splitting it in half and putting some light cheese and BBQ on top of one half and then molding the other half over that. It'll make a stuffed burger. Never tried it, but it sounds good! Oh, and I don't know if you ever shop at Aldi, but their Fit & Active brand makes a very very lean ground turkey!
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I always mix bbq sauce into the turkey when I make burgers. Sometimes I'll something like A-1 steak sauce instead. It adds such a great flavor to the turkey. I use it for everything - spaghetti, chili, burgers, meatloaf...you name it! I don't ever buy ground beef - and haven't for close to 7 years. Oh and sometimes I'll mix some shedded cheese into it before patting out the burgers. HTH!!
  • paroxysm
    Options
    Bump I'm going to try some of these, yum :)