Question for the girls!

Options
OK, so if there are any guys reading this....you have been fore warned! LOL

Do any of you girls find that when TOM shows up it is kinda like a new beginning? I always seem to find it easier to lose weight the first couple of weeks of the month rather than the last couple before TOM shows up.

Just wondered what other women thought about the topic????

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! So much so that I don't weigh in during TOM or the week before as I KNOW my weight will be up by 4lbs. The good thing though is that now I recognise this pattern I don't let it get me down as I know that Once TOM's gone I'll be back to normal.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sometimes TOM seems likea 3 week ordeal, I start struggling with weight loss the week before, during, then the week after. But if I continue to eat healthy, I'll have a big loss the 4th week. Its all water.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    err, not sure how to answer this really, as I get the Depo jag every 12 wks, so dont get a T.O.M so havnt noticed any differences wotsoeva at any time except there r days i cba exercising lol i.e. 2day, but am gona make sure i do at least 20 min on the wii fit b4 bed

good luck on getn a beta answer than mine lol
    Kirstie x:ohwell:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Definately. Plus I'm more fatigued, have crazy cravings, just pretty much am at war with myself before it appears (the week before when I'm not even on my TOM is the worst!), then somewhere areound day 4 of TOM I get my energy back and start feeling better. I think it all pretty much balances as long as you don't over indulged. For me the scale just won't move until it's gone though!! Frustrating!!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Never lose the week of my period but usually drop a pound as soon as it's over.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I don't really find any difference on havin' my period, while I have been workin' out. My weight hasn't gone up - but rather down. Perhaps cause I dont' eat junkfood anymore. I find it less painful this time around. Doesn't feel like a soccer match goin' on in the insides anymore...
  • pocketsam
    Options
    'experts' say that a week b4 your period you should start a new workout routine because your energy levels are higher. I hear and read that all the time. And if you can just give yourself a little push to exercise during TOM then it tends to relieve cramps too.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing and have been meaning to ask the same question. I get super bloated and weigh about 3 lbs more during my TOM (which i got twice this month) and it was very discouraging. I also tend to not want to exercise because I feel GIGANTIC and the whole effort feels pointless. a few days after I feel much better, my clothes are loose again, and my weight is back to normal or slightly higher cuz I might end up stuffing my face. I am trying to find ways to curb the urge to eat chocolate any and everything during the week of and the 3 days before it starts... i drank lots of water which is why i think i was so bloated... I think its best to just remind yourself thats why your body is changing and try to stay strong against the cravings....
  • ccwea
    ccwea Posts: 2
    Options
    This happens to me as well! I will be having success and see it on the scales, and then I start climbing 1, 2, 3 and sometimes 4 lbs during TOM... When it gets back to where I was feeling excited - the circle starts again. VERY FRUSTRATING :0(
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    definately has an affect, for me it seems the more I work out out the less affect it has, the healthier I eat and the less I weight, the easier TOM is, I've had the most issues with bad TOMs when I was at my heaviest and least active, and also drinking lots of water seems to make a big difference too!
  • karen4777
    Options
    WooHoo, I feel like I only have 1 good week out of the month. Now in my 40's all the hormones are even worse.
  • goddessmother
    Options
    I don't know about TOM, but I can sure feel the effects winter is having. I sure hope when spring has finally sprung this slump will end.
  • Miraggie
    Miraggie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The monday before (I weigh in on monday mornings) I always have a couple pound weight gain and I ALWAYS feel set back even though I KNOW the cause! I totally know what you mean!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I guess I have been pretty lucky the past 2 months, haven't gained any water weight. The month before that I remember waking up and weighing in to see a huge 6lb gain! I was really feeling demotivated that month to say the least. I just find that as soon as TOM shows up I have a lot more energy and feel almost rejuvenated to the point where I actually push myself harder, therefore my efforts show more on the scale! So, here is to a great upcoming 3 weeks!!! LOL