How do you feel about beets???

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Personally, I'd rather eat a dead skunk on the side of the road than eat this nasty veggie or fruit or whatever the hell it is! But everyone I talk to seems to LOVE beets! I don't get it!:huh: Even the smell of beets makes me want to vomit!

Replies

• amandakay23
    Options
    I just like pickled beets...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Roasted beets with some olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper are to die for!!
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I put them in my salad. Low cal, filling and delicious:bigsmile:
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I like them as long as they are hot. Bortsch (sp?) is really good too. And I've even tried and liked beet chips. I don't think you should care much though. I hate mushrooms while the rest of the world loves them, so to each their own!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I LOVE beets so much I grow them in my garden... yummy, yummy, yummy, grilled with a little olive oil drizzled on them, boiled, baked, pickled, whatever!! Love em!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :/ same as you apparently! lol
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE beets!! Boil them pull the skin off cut em up.. little salt and a tiny bit of butter... awesome!! orrr.. peel em, cut them up and put them in foil with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.. grill them like potatos ... amazing!
  • NurseLizzy
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE beets. Yum Yum~
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE beets. Anyway you want to cook them I will eat them. Cold, hot, doesn't matter. I try to eat them once a week. I grow them every year too.
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    I'm with you OP, they are N-A-S-T-Y! But you know just my personal opinion.......
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    They are awful .....eww.....:sick:
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I can juice them and I'm good with that. I will eat the greens off beats and love them. The actual beet? Have no interest in eating.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    No can do. I remember my mom forcing me to eat pickled beets with dinner when I was little. I would pinch my nose, chew chew chew, and then drink real fast so they could go down quick. I was so disgusted that I tossed my cookies over them more than once. So now I don't want anything to do with them.

I hated lots of veggies as a kid but I'm happy to report I've learned to love most of them as an adult. Just not beets. **shudders**
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    SOOOO yummy!!!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I HATE THEM...LOL BLAHHHHHHHHH I'd rather starve before I eat them..
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Love them!
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    YUM! Drizzle in olive oil, sprinkle a little kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, wrap in foil and roast until soft... then scrub hard at the pink stains on your clothes!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I love beets. The grocery store near where I used to live sold pickled beets and feta cheese in their deli section...mmmmm soooo good!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I love beets! I love them cooked and hot or cold and pickled with a salad. I can eat them by themselves as a side dish! I can't talk about this because I get all lovey. :laugh: :love:

Edit: I have been wanting to try these for a while now http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/440252/The-Nordic-Diet-beetroot-burgers and I think I'm going to do it soon, because I am suddenly craving beets...
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather eat a dead skunk on the side of the road than eat this nasty veggie or fruit or whatever the hell it is! But everyone I talk to seems to LOVE beets! I don't get it!:huh: Even the smell of beets makes me want to vomit!

OK now that is really not liking beets :noway: You made me laugh :bigsmile: I am not a huge beet fan but I would think they are a tad bit better that dead skunk but I have never had Dead skunk to compare ( I feel the same way about brussel sprouts):flowerforyou: