Fallen off the wagon

Options
I started a program on MFP around X-mas and stuck to my daily calories limit religiously. Through it all my eyes were really opened as to what I was putting into my body on a daily basis. In a month and a halfs time I had lost 10 lbs. However, a few weeks ago I missed a day that turned into another and another etc....I found myself adding my meals for previous days and it got to the point that I just stopped. To make a long story short I stopped tracking my meals and I have a feeling I havent been doing as well for the past couple of weeks. Any advice/encouragement is welcome.

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Stop beating yourself up and start again. Add friends to keep you motivated. You can do it. It's easy to fall off. We all have bad days, weeks. We're all in this together. You can do it. :smile:
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    its not the end of the road. we all fall from time to time. its more important to get back on that wagon and remember your goal or establishing a new goal. you can do it:)
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not because you fell off the wagon that you cannot come back. Ask yourself why you missed a day, and then another day, etc. to better understand what happened and just try to avoid repeating doing the same.

Don't be too hard on yourself, missing a day is by no means sooo bad you should just quit :flowerforyou:
  • ginnettem
    Options
    I am in the same boat...Start fresh today.....I just restarted...Make some minigoals for yourself...Stuff happens. Just restart today!!! Don't beat yourself up!!! .Fitness is a lifetime goal...It is a marathon not a sprint!!!!
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    The most important thing you can do is start again. One meal at a time. Just starting again now before weeks turn into months and months turn into years is the MOST important thing you can do for yourself RIGHT NOW. I know because I have let weeks and months turn into years and I have paid a painful price for that.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Go right now and look at yourself in the mirror. Look into your eyes and tell yourself that YOU ARE WORTH IT! You are worth the sacrifice and the struggle because when you finally reach your goal you will look back at you today and be SO proud you took that first step!!!!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Advice: Just pick up from here and don't dwell on what was otherwise, you're just going to keep stressing over it and that's totally not helpful. And do what you can to not fall off again... but it happens. Acknowledge that and then let it go.

Encouragement: some of us are habitual wagon falling-offers. :-) The really important part is are you going to give up and walk away or keep picking yourself up and moving forward regardless of the slips? You've owned your mistake. No excuses. Now, just keep moving forward.

Takes 6 weeks to form or break a habit. Six weeks of doing something every day at the same time(s). That's alot. I have folks on my friend list who have logged in every single day for over a year. Wow. I've made it just past my 35 day mark for the first time. One of the things I've noticed is that as long as I'm on every day, even if I miss a couple of loggings, I'm less inclined to miss as much as I would have if I weren't at least poking my head in. Some (TOM) are intentional. I don't log for a few days around the time he comes to visit. It would be too disheartening. LOL But, the second I feel like I'm back into a normal swing, I'm right back to it... and I wasn't doing it that way previously and those few days would turn into more few days and then I'd log part of a day and then not for a few more days and then... yeah. So, just try to at least poke your head in. I've found it really helps. :-)

Good luck!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You are back on here and acknowledging that you had a couple of bad weeks. Start again today and move forward! We are all here for you.:flowerforyou:
  • oneal_52
    Options
    thanks all, it was actually an email I got from MFP that I wasnt expecting that led me to this site. Hopefully I can get back on track now.