A year in the making, I lost 52 pounds - with pics...

Options
I started my weight loss as a challenge with my coworkers and weighed 249lbs on January 8th 2010.

I found MFP in August 2010 and at that time I weighed 227lbs

Currently I weigh 197lbs, my goal is 170lbs and it is coming!!!

Here are some pictures.

249lbs
5262240634_bec0864024.jpg
IMG_0031 by legend1973, on Flickr
227lbs
5262237996_0604fdc719.jpg
photo3 by legend1973, on Flickr
197lbs
5417532476_4c4db94328.jpg
IMG_06052 by legend1973, on Flickr

Starting to see some definition, legs are feeling really tight, things don't jiggle as much when I run now.

I feel so very rested and relaxed these days, the workouts started as real challenges and now they are like therapy, and I find running to be a way to relax and unwind. MFP has really opened my eyes as to how much I used to eat, and what I was eating! I appreciate my food more now then I did when I was eating everything I wanted. I have "treats" not "cheats" and some days I think maybe that it was a bad day, but I try to think that maybe my body was telling me I needed a little more. I am trying to train my mind as much as I train my body and I find that really helps. I love reading your comments, the way you motivate each other, and the amount of support that is given here daily.

God bless!

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You look great and Amen to everything you shared with us!
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    Amazing! And you have such a great attitude about everything on here. :) I know you inspire me! Keep up the good work!
  • odaatsue
    Options
    Thank you for posting your success! Seeing these posts keep me inspired as I make my own journey.

Great, great job!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,164 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! What you are doing is really paying off. :drinker:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are amazing. I am so proud of you!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I am so proud of you! Thank you for sharing your journey with us, you are inspiring!!!!!!!!!!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!! Way to go on the big loss!!!!
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrat's!
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're an inspiration! Keep it up.
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • legend1973
    Options
    Tiffany, Dani you guys are my hero's! I see what you have done and it keeps me going!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! You look great!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Job well done!
  • jabberjaws77
    jabberjaws77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!!! I love seeing other people achieve their goals. Nothing more motivational than that!!! Congrats to you...you look (and probably feel) great!!!!!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    You look phenomenal! I love that you said you are training your mind and your body. :) YOU ARE AMAZING!
  • snobuny032
    Options
    Wow.. Thank you for sharing your story..very inspiring.. I have no doubt you will reach your goal :)
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!! You can tell you've worked very hard to get where your at!!! You should be very proud!!! Congrats!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Amazing! WTG!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done amazing. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!