morning workout ideas?

redhottxozk
redhottxozk Posts: 28
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
i would like to start doing some type of workout before i go into work.... i normally walk/ellipitcal during my lunch... walk on my 15 minute break... and do the elliptical in the evening... i want to do something effective... but not like intervals on the elliptical... or aerobics since im not really a morning person... what are some good suggestions on excersises or dvds?? thanks so much....

Replies

• prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    I use the jackie warner power circuit interval video. It has multiple isolated muscle group 15 min workouts but it also has a total body circuit 15 and 40 min. After sleeping and waking up to the 15min one I end up sweating!
  • Mix cardio with some resistance training and/or calisthenics and core work. If you've got the time, try 10-minute workouts (you can view them on Netflix instantly from your computer, Wii, etc.,)...they're great for target toning, and you can to 10 minutes' worth or 50 minutes' worth, it's up to you. Step on a treadmill (or other fitness equipment) while you watch the news, if you have exercise equipment at home.

If you're short on time, just incorporate something into your schedule.

For example, when I'm really rushed, I'll do standing crunches in the shower (I'll put conditioner in my hair, then start brushing my teeth and doing the exercise). It's not a lot, but it's still something.

Either way, make it fun--something to look forward to when you start your day, not something that keeps you dreading getting outta bed.

hope this helped :)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Why not try a yoga or pilates class in the morning? It will refresh you for the rest of the day and stretch your muscles so you are ready for the cardio hit in the arvo
This discussion has been closed.