Red XL

Anyone use the Red XL machine that is out? It's the one with the red circle for a seat and you swing your legs left and right. Supposed to help abs! Thoughts?

Replies

• Anyone use the Red XL machine that is out? It's the one with the red circle for a seat and you swing your legs left and right. Supposed to help abs! Thoughts?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    My mom had one. Like all the other equipment she has acquired, she loved it for a few weeks and now it collects dust.

I personally tried it and felt nothing in my abs.... not that others haven't, it just didn't do anything for me.

(And this was when I was very 'unfit', shall we say.)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I'll bet you could buy a short bar stool, put a lazy Susan on the top, attach some handles to the side and have the same thing for 1/4 of the price.

(Make sure it would be stabilized though.... falling would HURT)
  • I have one and use it intermittantly...I also jog, ride a stationary bike and use a power workout dvd. I noticed a difference when I used the RedXL for 6 weeks and it slowly works over time but only if you're just toning up the area. It does nothing for a good calorie burn or even cardiovascular work. Luckily, we didn't pay that much for it (I think it goes for $100 in some places!) but we got it for $10 b/c of my husbands work. Personally, I'd rather use the weights in my hands with my DVD. It uses the exercises I had in school. To each his own though...