Just Cheated

Options
I just went out to a buffet type lunch. I have no Idea how many calories I consumed maybe 2000. Good news I can count it as my dinner and for the second time today I am headed to the the gym for a couple hours to burn those calories off. So if the saying "eat your exersize calories" is true I should be okay. Right????????????

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    right...and drink tons of water, buffet's aren't known to be low sodium
  • Murphy3
    Options
    Stay away from buffet no good ever comes from it.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You can mitigate some of the damage by going to the gym, but either way I'd say just write it off and move on.

Tomorrow is another day. No point in beating yourself up after the fact.

You probably want to drink lots of water though to counteract some of that sodium.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    It's all good man! Yep just drink tons of water or green tea and call it a night :)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No worries - just do extra cardio and drink alot of water for the rest of the day. If you are eating right 95% of the time, a slip isn't gonna hurt you. Have a great weekend!!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hit the elliptical. Those things burn off a ton of calories!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Weight loss = kcal in - kcal burned. You decided to up the 'in' portion, so the rest of the equation is simple. Turn off the pc, and get to the gym silly. If we want to talk about caloric turnover and the benefits we can...but that's not really a concept typically used for buffet / binge eating!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    How much exercise do you have to do to make up...2000/1000/500 calories. Best bet, do what you can and commit to eating right, move on. None of this stuff sneaks up on us. If I go out to lunch, dinner...I usually have time to prepare; if someone comes in my office and says, let's go to lunch, I have a choice>>>say, not today thank-you or accept and know that I am going to cheat or totally limit myself to what I know I should eat. Anyway you look at it, food does not sneak up on us, we make conscious choices and we usually know what is in store>>>Beating ourselves up, guilt, self hate, pissed off, then acceptance and trying to correct, then the DO OVER/Start Over. What a Hell of an existence.
  • socrates9011
    socrates9011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice/support. Went to the gym for a couple hours and worked off all those calories, at least that is what the machines said. So I feel better, we will see tommorrow when I weigh myself.