A year in the making, I lost 52 pounds - with pics...

Options
2»

Replies

• rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    wow, way to go! you are doing amazing!!!!!!!
  • Jinxyjinx
    Options
    CONGRATS! you look great! keep up the good work and the positive attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • legend1973
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Remember you can't change your past, but you can change your future!!!
  • Firebranda
    Firebranda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Get your clothes back on!! What's your wife going to think?!?
  • pannet
    pannet Posts: 27
    Options
    You look great! Keep up your good work, it's worth it!! Thank you for sharing your success!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You look great.Thanks for sharing!!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!!! thank you for sharing. Keeps me pumped about continuing on. :)
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!! wtg.
  • legend1973
    Options
    A friend sent me a messge on how did I do it and this is what I wrote her, and I thought I should share it on here!

This time last year I started a running program called "my first 10k" it was a 13 week program and I didn't follow it completely and as a result I didn't finish it. In the spring I started the program again and got to week 9 again then got derailed again. But by that time I had managed to drop about 25 pounds from watching what I was eating, taking in more fruits and vegetables, and drinking a lot of water. I had quit drinking coke during all this and we stopped going out for lunches and suppers and tried to cook all our own meals as healthy as we knew how. After summer holidays I came back to work and was ready to start the running program again but a coworker talked me into trying "insanity" and we were all hooked! This is also when I started MFP, that I just downloaded onto my iphone cause it was a free app, took me a couple weeks to get the hang of it but now I am hooked with it! I also got my wife doing it too so I couldn't slack off at home and the weight loss came fast, I think I dropped 10 pounds in a month! I also started playing hockey again in the fall and that kept me on the ice for two games a week, and I immediatly noticed the difference with my power in my legs, so I did not want to stop! By xmas I was 202 and I took two weeks off the gym and just relaxed and I continued to log with MFP. After the new year I thought I would try running again and I was shocked that my body just responded to it so well, I am currently not on a running program but I am able to run 3 miles before I get tired, some days 4, 5, even 6 miles! I think this was all because of "insanity" cause the interval training keeps you moving for the 40 minutes that you do it.

I mix up my days now and have a workout mix I love.

3 long runs a week, and 3 training intervals a week with weights

My runs are 3 - 6 miles

My interval training consists of:

15 min rowing
    15 min elliptical
    30 min weights, mostly arms, chest, or back, no legs as they are getting enough already
    15 min cycling
    15 min run

I walk after both the runs and the intervals as a cool down.

But also I made little changes in my life, when I golf I don't use a power cart anymore :( and I walk my dogs more :) and I read tons of labels when I shop, I make sure there is always fresh fruit at home, I take a multi vitamin and I take omega 3,6,9's and I increased my amount of brans, oats, whole grains etc... Lots and lots of water!

I wish you luck on your journey and I am glad we are friends, I got your back, you can do it!!!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    definitely seeing the abs!!! great work!!!
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    frigging awesome
    thank you for sharing i love those!!!
  • Nucleartiger
    Nucleartiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job man! It is changes like yours and the ladies you referenced on here earlier in the thread that make me believe that it canbe done and motivate me to want to keep going so that I can see and enjoy my success in the future.
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job, man! I can hardly wait til I crack under 200lbs
  • student0007
    student0007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing.:bigsmile:
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look fantastic, its really inspiring for someone who is just starting out to see what is possible
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Well done , you look fantastic. You have showed me it can be done.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    WOW!! :flowerforyou: You look amazing!! And you look 15+ years younger!! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself!! :wink:
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    you look about twenty years younger!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!