workout question

Options
better to work out everyday... or take a day off???

Replies

• sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Rest does a body good... for me anyway.
  • gennybunny
    Options
    Don't work the same muscles 2 days in a row. It can cause injury. Strength training should be done every other day, but cardio can be done 5 to 6 days a week. Hope that helps..
  • redhottxozk
    Options
    Don't work the same muscles 2 days in a row. It can cause injury. Strength training should be done every other day, but cardio can be done 5 to 6 days a week. Hope that helps..

what about cardio everyday???
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I run 6 miles every day. If my legs need a rest they tell me.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I do both cardio and strength training every day... but I don't train the same muscle groups two days in a row...
  • redhottxozk
    Options
    thanks everyone...... the hubby tells me i do way too much cardio and going to "over train" been workng out (cardio every day just so i could get a routine down will be adding strength trainging soon) but im afraid if i take a day "off" so early it will turn into two... then three... and so on.... but i dont want to be doing any damange
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Most of my 'gym friends' are there every single day just like I am.... and we've all been doing it for years... you'll be just fine!
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    I strength train 5 days a week (mon-fri) and cardio 6 days a week (mon-sat)
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    p.s to shut your husband up.... take one day off from the "cardio" and have wild crazy hour long sex.. it burns tons of calories and he wont complain ;-)
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    I wouldn't do the same workout every day or I think you risk injuring yourself. I know there are lots of people who work out 7 days a week, but I think it's good to give your body a rest a day or two a week. If you're afraid you'll get out of the routine of working out, maybe just take a brisk walk or something to move your body, but not a hard core workout.
  • ThePortugee
    ThePortugee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You should be taking at least one day a week off. Your body needs that rest to recover. Cardio stresses the body too and that recovery is needed. And your body uses energy to repair so its good. I find that I can work out harder the other six days with rest one day.
  • caroline1851
    Options
    I think it depends on how hard you workout. If you work out INTENSILY, (sp?)it's probaly a good idea to take a day off. But that could mean, if you run everyday, go for a walk or a swim. You'll still be exercising, just lighter and different. I think for the majority of exercisers who are just exercising to be fit, there is nothing wrong with exercising everday. I only take a day off if time is limited, it ends up being about a day off every 10 days or so.