Buying New Clothes

Options
Ok, I am wondering when should new clothing be purchased. Has anyone else had this dilemma? I can be kind of meticulous when it comes to my clothing, and I’m worried about the in-between times. A few more pounds and my clothes will begin to fit differently. It will surely be kind of expensive, because my wife is also becoming healthy, and is actually ahead of me. Has anyone just waited it out, and purchased clothing when the weight loss was complete, or does everyone buy as they go?

Replies

• autumnbreeze89
    Options
    I am currently waiting it out. I have some clothes that are actually fitting me a lot better now then they did before. But if you need new clothes then you should buy a new shirt or two. And some pants. Treat yourself every once in awhile. Buy new things when your ready for it
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Check out consignment shops in your area. They usually have the higher end gently used clothes at reasonable prices. Also it wouldn't hurt to check out the second hand and thrift shops in the area. Never know what you will find! My guy found some very nice KC pants a couple months ago.
  • simplexserenity
    simplexserenity Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I lost my first 80, I bought new clothes(within reason) after every 20 pounds or so. I've got another 20 to go so I'm refusing to buy new jeans until I reach my goal. Tops, shoes, and accessories are usually what I buy in between.

I think it's important to buy a little something along the way, especially if your clothes start getting way too big. I understand wanting
    to save money though..so I would just make wise choices, and even if you buy something a little snug now..use it as motivation for you to get closer to your goal =)
  • Swilson87
    Options
    I think I'll do just that. Wait until the clothes are a little to large, and buy a few pieces. We have a pllace here called 1/2 of 1/2, and they sell higher end clothing that for whatever reason did not sell, or could not be sold in the store. I think they may becoame my new spot. I couldn't go there before, because on top of a 42" waist, I've been in the gym for 20 years, so my shoulders are broad. VERY hard to find clothing that is not of a higher quality that will fit me the right way. So I'm kind of a higher end clothes horse by force. Oh well I can think of worse reasons to have to spend money......