Charlie Horse Feeling Help

Options
I have this feeling in the back calve area of my legs. It almost feels like the unset of a charlie horse. I feel it the most when I walk. Anyone know what I did? and how I can heal it?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Check your potassium intake. Eat a banana or drink some gatoraide and it should go away. If that solves the problem you will need to start getting more potassium in your diet, or take a suppliment. If it doesn't go away you need to check with your doctor.

Good Luck!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks because it hurts like crazy. I was working my legs out earlier and now I wish I had not of. I don't have a charlie horse but thats what it feels like.
  • I have been having this happen to me too. Especially when I am sleeping. I jump out of bed trying to move it before the pain sets in. Its not a fun thing. Hope it goes away!
  • 1fiercebutterfly
    1fiercebutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    if you can find magnesium that will help. I take it at night to prevent leg cramps. It seems to worrk best in the powdered form. Follow the instructions on the bottle for dosage. taking magnesium helps with retaining potassium levels (and other electrolytes) that is lost through sweat.
  • double post