Friday night success story! Yay

Options
ok so I'm so proud of myself because I gave myself a cheat day today and allowed sweets for today. So I did a quick workout after work then my boyfriend and I went to elephant bar and I drank water while he drank beer. I also ordered the Macau shrimp with grilled salmon that only had 670 calories and was super good and then we wanted something sweet so we shared a mini desert...and with all that cheating today i only consumed 1400 net calorie! This cheat day felt good! I can't wait until my workout tomorrow!

Anyone else have any Friday night/happy hour/eating out/cheat day success story?

Replies

• rel1982
    rel1982 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good job on the successful cheat night. I had one last night and was happy with my results as well :) It is amazing how little changes make a world of difference.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    We are making a homemade pizza for Super Bowl Sunday. That will be my cheat day. However Monday is my weigh in so it will be a very modest cheat day. I already put together the recipe on here, and made sure that I controlled as much as I could with what is going into it.
    Still, ground beef and sausage won't exactly be the same as a chicken breast.
    But I am looking forward to it and will enjoy a couple of pieces. And then probably down one or two on Monday for breakfast..... :bigsmile:
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with a girlfriend tonight and got the Boca Burger. And I ate maybe 6 of the french fries and had unsweetened iced tea to drink. Still more than I normally consume in one sitting, but I didn't go nuts.
    And then I went and bought myself pants because my old ones were falling off :)
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I believe sometimes you do have to loosen the reins so our minds and bodies don't feel trapped. I believe the best why to do it is "planned" and sticking to it. Doing it only when you feel confident enough in your ability and strength not to go overboard. After the best results come when it's apart of your life.

Glad you enjoyed your "choice" day (I like affirmative/proactive words!!!
  • Marli13
    Options
    :drinker: Love it. I had a few wines Friday night and did a quick jog beforehand. This meant I didn't go over my calories but I had fun. I am loving seeing how many calories are used up by exercise. It makes me want to do more so I can live the way I want and still lose weight. So good to see others doing the same. Cheers
  • wilmelenne
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and lost 1 lb since Monday! so excited just met a mini goal early!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    kudos to you. esp on sticking to your guns. i'd be all over having an alcoholic beverage to be honest.
  • hey_jupiter21
    Options
    I went out with a friend of mine and we had sushi and to drink I had unsweetened tea with vodka. It was a modified evening out :)
  • steph_669
    steph_669 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I also do that extra push of a workout before i head out...just in case!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I believe sometimes you do have to loosen the reins so our minds and bodies don't feel trapped. I believe the best why to do it is "planned" and sticking to it. Doing it only when you feel confident enough in your ability and strength not to go overboard. After the best results come when it's apart of your life.

Glad you enjoyed your "choice" day (I like affirmative/proactive words!!!

Totally agree. I don't like to say "cheat" day as this seems to imply disregard for food choices. I think learning how to "loosen the reins" as you said is just as much part of the healthy lifestyle as changing less than healthy food habits. It is a hard thing to do. So easy to throw in the towel after one tasty treat:)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    ok so I'm so proud of myself because I gave myself a cheat day today and allowed sweets for today. So I did a quick workout after work then my boyfriend and I went to elephant bar and I drank water while he drank beer. I also ordered the Macau shrimp with grilled salmon that only had 670 calories and was super good and then we wanted something sweet so we shared a mini desert...and with all that cheating today i only consumed 1400 net calorie! This cheat day felt good! I can't wait until my workout tomorrow!

Anyone else have any Friday night/happy hour/eating out/cheat day success story?

No, you didn't have a cheat day. You had a treat day.:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!