so this is mainly an american site then?

Options
i didn't know that :smile:

Replies

• Rexroth
    Rexroth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can switch to metric units under your settings...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Actually there are people from all over. I might get in trouble for this but I think America is the one country who could use a site like this. There aren't many other countries that have the obesity problem we have. Could be why there are so many Americans on this site. I think the UK is headed there and my mom (Scottish) says it's because of the fast food restaurants. They're evil I tell ya, EVIL!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Actually there are people from all over. I might get in trouble for this but I think America is the one country who could use a site like this. There aren't many other countries that have the obesity problem we have. Could be why there are so many Americans on this site. I think the UK is headed there and my mom (Scottish) says it's because of the fast food restaurants. They're evil I tell ya, EVIL!

You can't get in trouble for stating the truth. Its been out of hand here. Anytime you have toddlers weighing as much as a 3rd graders it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of control.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of American's on here but personally I have "friends" from Canada, Australia, and the UK.:drinker: It doesn't matter where you are from. We all have the same goals and this provides a great opportunity me to meet other people whose lives are just like mine and yet also different. My husband is from the Philippines and it is an honor and joy to share in his culture.

We all get a bit of an education converting kg to lbs to stones, Celsius for Fahrenheit, etc.

It is all so much fun!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

D
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble for saying that because you are absolutely right about us Americans!!! This country needs anything it can get to bring down the obesity epidemic we have!!!!
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    Scotland here!:happy:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    First time I heard someone say they needed to lose a stone, I thought they meant what it feels like when I ate a whole small pizza.
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the US the fattest country (or at least one OF the fattest) in the world...but Canadians are in denial. We're getting just as fat, if not FATTER
  • hpsnickers1
    Options

You can't get in trouble for stating the truth. Its been out of hand here. Anytime you have toddlers weighing as much as a 3rd graders it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of control.

That's the truth. I recently read an article on the number of pediatricians in Norther VA - where I live - and the numbers of specialized peds. They talked about the number of bigger babies being born because of the unhealthy diets that mama-to-be's are eating. All that bad stuff is feeding the baby, too. I never thought about that before.

Kudos to all the americans on this site! We're the ones trying to change the statistics here!
    And kudos to everyone else for doing their part in their countries (keeping the numbers down).
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    There a few Aussies in here. Our country has a weight problem.
    Im doing my bit to rectify it.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    :happy: i'm in scotland too, we're the fattest in europe, so needed here aswell!

so i can have my weight in stones, rather than pounds? i will need to work that out.

for the record, i am a big usa fan, i just associate the word "pal" with the uk.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    First time I heard someone say they needed to lose a stone, I thought they meant what it feels like when I ate a whole small pizza.

My first good laugh of the day! Thanks!
  • jlsironen
    jlsironen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The childhood obesity rates are absolutely horrifying. I've been so careful to make sure my little one eats as well as possible (fussing at my husband to stop feeding her hostess cupcakes 'because she likes them') and that she has enough activity to stay healthy when I've let myself get so big. I never mention weight to her, I don't want her to have a complex about it like I've come to have. She's an active little 4 year old and I'm hoping that by keeping her involved (soccer, dance) she'll stay healthy.
    We just have to MAKE time to do it! I'm amazed at how many kids don't ever go outside, it's awful.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    The childhood obesity rates are absolutely horrifying. I've been so careful to make sure my little one eats as well as possible (fussing at my husband to stop feeding her hostess cupcakes 'because she likes them') and that she has enough activity to stay healthy when I've let myself get so big. I never mention weight to her, I don't want her to have a complex about it like I've come to have. She's an active little 4 year old and I'm hoping that by keeping her involved (soccer, dance) she'll stay healthy.
    We just have to MAKE time to do it! I'm amazed at how many kids don't ever go outside, it's awful.

It's so true. I spent my childhood outside playing hide and seek, tag. Lots of running around. I never see kids outside anymore.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, the site has a lot of UK members but if you look at the size of the UK compared to the US then I suppose there will always be more US members on here.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options

It's the truth!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    There are lots of us here fron the UK!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    UK here. And it was reported in the media yesterday that UK have the "fattest" population in Western Europe, so we're catching up fast ......
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this tool when I was raising my boys. I always cooked for them, so at least they didn't eat processed crap every day, but had I learned how to eat healthy myself earlier, I could have taught them too. They know the difference in taste between homemade Salisbury steak and the boxed frozen stuff, but not the difference in health benefits, sodium, etc., but now they're too old to teach them. I've recommended this site to them... maybe someday they'll learn to do it on their own.