changing goals

Options
I would like to change myh calorie intact to 1000 and my weight loas to 2 lbs per week. I tried in my profile and it let me change it but it did not change anything else. Do I have to open a new account and start over? That would be okay too. I'm not losing anytthing and am getting discouraged. I lost about 5 lbs originally and I know most of that was water. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    what else are you trying to change? You can go under settings and change all your nutrition values there as well?

Good luck to you!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    at your home page you can go into your goals and chose customize and make them what ever you want, you dont have to open a new account. 1000 calories maybe a bit to low. I am at 2000, and have lost 18 lbs in about two weeks. hope that helps.
  • EzraCCM
    Options
    I'm pretty sure My Fitness Pal sets a limit and won't let you go under 1200 calories as a goal, since they consider it to be an unhealthy goal.

If you are having trouble losing the weight have you tried measuring? You might find yourself to be more successful it you measure your waist, hips, chest, legs, etc... that way you can see you're getting smaller even it you aren't "losing weight".

I'm not sure what type of excercize you incorporate into your routine, but maybe that needs a re-vamp more than your calories in.

GOOD LUCK!!!:happy:
  • leastwood
    Options
    I tried to pull that web site up, but couldn't. Is it right? www.LetsGetSlim4Ever>com
  • lmburi
    lmburi Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree. For women, anything less than net 1200 cal/day puts your body into "starvation mode" and may actually inhibit your weight loss because your body will start to hold onto fat if it feels like it's not getting enough food coming in.