Healthified Recipes

Options
amyoliver85
amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
I found a bunch of "Healthified Recipes" on BettyCrocker.com a bit ago and tried them out and they were totally awesome so I wanted to direct you all there.

I tried copy+paste for a couple but they came out horrible in this setting.

Just go to BettyCrocker.com and search "healthier" or "healthified" in their search menu and you'll get tons of recipes.

I am having a party today and last night I made their Healthified Tres Leches cake...omg...it looks soooooooo good....and I totally got a little bit of the mixture on my hand when I made it and I licked it off (yes, I did...it was wrong...but I don't care).

I have been trying out recipes for a while and I can tell you all that the mini chocolate cheesecakes, chicken and bean burritos and meatloaf all come out rather nicely. The lasagna isn't bad either.

I have been making them slightly healthier than even the recipe calls for as well.

On the desserts you really can substitute all NO FAT stuff, like non-fat cream cheese, fat free condensed milk...you get the picture...and it doesn't change the taste. And you can do that with most of the other ingredients.

Like all companies they are trying to get you to use their products, of course, but if you go to the store and find another brand that's healthier or something better, like whole grain noodles for the lasagna, then you should totally do it.

I actually knocked about another 35 calories per serving off of the Tres Leches by changing out some of the ingredients. Because this is my first time with it, I still used the regular condensed milk, but I am using fat free whipped cream. There's still a ton of eggs in it though, so I am trying to find ways to change that. I suggest people try going vegan on the cake and make it with applesauce or bananas instead of eggs and see how it comes out.

Has anyone else found any healthified recipes on the internet that I could try? I want to expand my diet so I don't get bored!

Replies