playstation3 zumba

Options
Hi! I am debating on buying the Zumba video game for the Playstation 3 motion. Is it worth it? Anybody ever tried it? I am also wondering about the belt, if it fits plus sizes?

Replies

• shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    idk about on ps3 but i have the dvds and i have lost 15 pounds in the past month with it! :smile:
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It is great on the Wii-and the belt is bigger than I thought it would be. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there was even a game for the PS3. My son has a PS3, should look into it. :)
  • peimomof2
    Options
    Sorry, i forgot to mention in my last post what this belt was for?
  • peimomof2
    Options
    I forgot to mention in my last post. Was wondering what the belt was for?
  • luvslife2
    Options
    I bought it for my xbox360 and waaayyy more intense than class. It's great, because it tracks your moves! It has a tutorial, "class", party, single routine, xbox live...highly recommend it if playstation has similar features to the xbox kinnect or wii
  • manda52
    Options
    I'm not sure about Zumba for the PS3 but I use it for kinects and it is great!! I would highly recommened it to anyone. Hope this helps.
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The "belt" is exclusive to the Wii. You have to put the Wii remote inside the pouch on the belt and wear it so the game can track your moves. I had purchased the game and returned it because there were so many mixed reviews. I'm hoping to pick up at "used" copy sometime soon. I keep checking Gamestop but no one has it used yet.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sorry, i forgot to mention in my last post what this belt was for?

They give you a belt so you can put the playstation motion remote in the belt to be able to track your mouvements.
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    i am curious about it too but haven't seen it... the reviews have not been kind... but they haven't been kind towards a lot of "exergames" some claim this is possibly because many game reviewers are quite sedentary.
    i highly recommend EA Sports Active 2 for PS3, [see: http://www.easportsactive.com/] it's actually FUN which i know for me being an exercise-HATER was impossible to believe until I actually tried it. I have stuck with it for a month now and found it insanely addictive! Mostly though it just _totally_ works!!! -- plus in fact, because of the community associated with the game i actually wound up joining MFP by way of another EA SA users suggestion... i also really enjoy the Sports Champions PS3 MOVE game, esp. the Table Tennis and lastly the "Fight: Light Out" Boxing Simulator is macho silly but will make you sweat like c-r-r-r-aaaazy :)
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i am curious about it too but haven't seen it... the reviews have not been kind... but they haven't been kind towards a lot of "exergames" some claim this is possibly because many game reviewers are quite sedentary.
    i highly recommend EA Sports Active 2 for PS3, [see: http://www.easportsactive.com/] it's actually FUN which i know for me being an exercise-HATER was impossible to believe until I actually tried it. I have stuck with it for a month now and found it insanely addictive! Mostly though it just _totally_ works!!! -- plus in fact, because of the community associated with the game i actually wound up joining MFP by way of another EA SA users suggestion... i also really enjoy the Sports Champions PS3 MOVE game, esp. the Table Tennis and lastly the "Fight: Light Out" Boxing Simulator is macho silly but will make you sweat like c-r-r-r-aaaazy :)

I am also an exercise hater. We have the sports champion game- I love the gladiator and the volley ball game. They are very addictive and that is why I was thinking about getting the zumba video game, I am hoping to get motivated to exercise.:smile:
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I LOVE IT! It DOES have the "belt" that has a pocket that you put the PS3 Move controller in to help track your movements. The game reads your hip motion and everything to give you "points." Sounds silly, but it is kind of motivation at the end of the songs to keep my hips and whole body moving! You can do everything from track calories to compete with friends on the game. It has built in workout routines that you can also customize. You can "learn the steps" at your own pace, choose your own individual songs, or do a variety of routines. As you do the songs, it opens up more routines. (Like a real PS3 game, the more "points" you score, the more levels it opens up) So it creates even more challenges within itself. I would definitely say it is worth the money!!!!!!!