P90X/South Beach Diet

kathleen0211
kathleen0211 Posts: 11 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
New to this community but hello! Me and my boyfriend are both looking to start both P90X and South Beach Diet around the same time. I'm worried that Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet will be problematic for the demands of P90X and am wondering if I should hold off on that specific workout regiment until I at least hit Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet.

Are there any other concerns or advice that people have for someone who hasn't dieted in awhile starting up both of these at once? Is a heart rate monitor also required to do P90X as that is one of the last things we neglected to pick up and at $40ish a pop we're not sure we want to put the expense out if its just kind of a neat tool that isn't really necessary! I'm more or less a complete fitness novice so sorry if that's a dumb question lol.

Thanks!

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    While doing P90X, why not do the P90X diet? :flowerforyou:

Phase 1 of the P90X diet incorporates a ton of protein and very low carbs...the carbs increase throughout the second and third phases...so it might not be too different from what you are trying to do anyway.
  • kathleen0211
    kathleen0211 Posts: 11 Member
    We were originally just going to do the South Beach Diet and follow their supercharged fitness plan. We came across a friend with a copy of P90X who offered it to us for awhile and want to use that as our exercise plan now while maintaining the South Beach Diet goal. I've read a few blogs/forum posts of people doing the workout side by side with South Beach and would prefer to do it that way if the P90X diet isn't required.
This discussion has been closed.