Caffeine withdrawl

Options
I'm trying to take the soft drinks out of my diet, and get rid of caffeine. Any ideas for combatting these wonderful headaches??

Replies

• skinnyminny
    Options
    I'm trying to take the soft drinks out of my diet, and get rid of caffeine. Any ideas for combatting these wonderful headaches??
  • suzannehusted
    suzannehusted Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i have a caffeine addiction what i have found usefull is that i have been slowly cutting it out by reducing my intake. i now can go almost a whole day without any caffeine, and without the side effects also. i also am shooting for no caffeine at all. i know i am a junkie when it comes to it though. i have heard that if you do decide to cut it out completely that the side effects will go away with in 3 to 4 days. i wish you best of luck.
  • jalulia
    jalulia Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried to give up, i stuck it out for about 3 weeks and was still having side effects :( so would appreciate advice too.
  • lolalola
    lolalola Posts: 12
    Options
    you can always go for some healthier caffeine for a while... like different kinds of teas. i make a big pitcher of iced peppermint tea to drink (the peppermint is nice because you don't need to add sugar to taste good). since it's less caffeine you could taper off.
    also i think caffeine is supposed to boost your metabolism or supress your hunger. And when it's comming from a good source (and not super sugar cola) it might not be that bad!
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I mixed my decaf and caffeinated coffee at first until all I drink is decaf. That worked for me. I still crave a good cup of coffee once in a while, though, but that's ok.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I drink those sugar free drinks (walmart brand) that come in the plastic canisters that have the small packets. I brew some green tea and use that instead of water. For example, if it calls for 2 quarts of water, I use 1 quart of green tea and the other quart water. You get your green tea in too and it's good for you too. As far as soda, I drink only water and my tea mixture. I'm trying to get my husband to quit soda. Even though it's diet, it's still not good for you. He doesn't drink much water and I constantly tell him that water is the key to weight loss.
  • farrellwendylynn
    Options
    Giving up my soda has been hard. I did it slowl at first I drank like normal and kept a log. The I slowly removed one at a time. I am now down to none. Which is great. I did have headache for the first three days but i would take a midol since it has some caffeine in it and that helped.
  • sskera00_01
    Options
    I have been without ANY caffeine for 3 years now. Just reduce the amount you drink until you no longer need it anymore. Then If you do have caff. watch out cause it makes you feel all funny.
  • wdeons
    wdeons Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have given up soda, but I am still drinking tea. I havent had any soda for a few months. It was hard to do but I am happy I did it. Now I just have to give up so much tea, I think it has more caffine then soda, but I dont crave it like I did soda