Workout Ideas?

Options
Hey I usually do the elliptical on rolling hiss for 35 mins and then do ten mins of crunches. However, I would really like to mix it up a little. I was wondering what you guys did so maybe I could switch my workout routine a little =]

Replies

• loriefolk
    Options
    I am current doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and love it! Also, I just ordered the Power90 from BeachBody and can't wait to get started toning :)
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't know what type of gym equipment/facility you have available, but I try to workout five days at week 3 at the gym and 2 at home. I am so busy and can't always get to the gym and it's easier to workout while dinner is in the oven etc. At home I have some light free weights, an exercise ball, a medicine ball and some resistance bands. I usually switch up using these things with various workouts on FitTV but if you gym has any of these things available you can use them. You can do crunches/obliques with the medicine ball, use light free weights to work out your arms, tons of different exercises on the ball and alot with the bands. I think it's important to combine cardio and strength training to ensure you are burning fat and not just losing weight. Everyone is going to be different, just do a little online research, take some advice here on the forum and try a few things and do what you find best for you.

Good luck,
    Kelly
  • chbubblz
    Options
    Zumba. All I ever did was the elliptical machine. I was getting so bored with the same old thing. They sell a Zumba dvd set online. It has Zumba cardio, sculpt and tone and abs. 3 discs.. They also have a disc to teach you the steps. I am not very coordinated and didn't think I could do it, but I love love love it. I workout 6 days a week. day 1..zumba cardio..day 2 zumba sculp & tone, day 3..cardio. day 4 off, day 5 cardio, day 6 sculpt and tone, day 7 cardio, day 8 off, day 9 cardio, day 10 abs. It is there 10 day plan. Oh, and I always do my abs on a fitness ball on the workout days. On your off days you can always do your elliptical or take a bath. you can also switch out one of the days for an elliptical day. or do it on day 10. I totally love it and have yet to get bored. They also have classes but I don't have the courage to do that yet. Give it a try its awesome.
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If there's a friendly fitness dance studio in your neighborhood I'd try that. You'll sweat your butt off for an hour and not even realize you're working out lol. Also if you check their websites lots of studios have free or discounted classes for first timers :)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kettle Bells. The Kettleworx is amazing!!! It is so much fun! I really love it!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    There are these things called "Burpies" where you raise your hands, jump in the air, get down in push up position, jump your legs under your chest, then back out to push up position then back up in the air. Do those inbetween anything and it will shake you up! Also squats and then hold a squat, jump back on that eliptical and feel the difference!!
  • caroline1851
    Options
    for cardio, i either do the Eliptical, Just Dance Wii, Zumba Wii, snowshoeing or walking (at least 4.0 mph). I do 30-60 min. of these pretty much everyday. Then i do some sort of weight circuit. sometimes with weights, sometimes with a medicine ball and sometimes a combo. When it gets warmer, i'll do more biking and hopefully running, if my foot is healed.