New to site... old to dieting :(

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Manifa... but you can call me Tiffany if thats too hard to say lol... well lets see... I've tried about a million and one diets... I've even been to Weight Watchers (WHICH HELPS!!!) but it was too expensive... so I had to find my own way to do what weight watchers does... and I found this site! Let's see... I've struggled with my weight since I was like 10! I was always that chuncky girl in dance class that was an amazing dancer but the dance teacher didnt really like showing me off cuz I didnt have the body of a dancer lol... also for a while I pushed myself to become a size small... but I gained it all back again... so im hoping this site and my new love of going to the gym will help me get the body i want! I am also very motivated by other people and i love to motivate other ppl... so dont be afraid... talk to me... add me as a friend! LETS DO THIS TOGETHER!!! <3

Replies

• iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and I hope you can stick with this site because it really does help. I just got back into the habit of using this site about a week or two ago but I can't weigh-in until I go home for the weekend from college, so it's hard to see progress. What really keeps me going is reading inspiring blogs and forum posts and encouraging others as they encourage me! It reminds me of my own goals and that I can do this, too!

Good luck reaching your goals!!! :)
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Manifa, Welcome! I love this site! I've got about 50 pounds to lose, have lost 8 since January. Feel free to email me if you have questions or want some support! Also, check out the 5 pounds a month challenge message board... :D ~ Shivaun
  • Pisces42
    Options
    Manifa... I wanted to reply to your post as I have been a dance instructor for 25 years and have too struggled with my weight since the age of 10. I am now turning 42 and just recently sold my dance school (still working there part time though). To try and clear the bad self image I too have had of myself for so many years. Dance is a wonderful thing that builds confidence, friendships, teaches discipline.. I could go on and on, however; I do acknowledge the ever present "image" that still exists. I read a quote once that has stuck with me for years it says . "Don't let the Mirror spoil your soul".. It was in more context then that but, that is the part we as dancers don't deal with well. We need the mirror to help us critique and learn but it can be the most self destructive part too.
    I am sure you were and stilll are a beautiful dancer. I hope you can return to your love of dance and enjoy it again. I too wish the same for myself. I still teach and absolutely hate the way I feel when I move. I need to get my body back and the passion I have for the art. I look forward to talking to you again. Yours in dance and dieting.. Christine
  • Pisces42
    Options
    Hi , I am new to this site but yes, not to dieting. This is the first time I am taking a calorie in, exercise out approach. I have been a dance instructor for 25 years and have struggled my entire life. I am turning 42 this month and am tired of being overweight. I want this to be my year , but more importantly I want to do it right. No more fad diets, crash diets. Just common sense. I find whenever I get to a certain point of success I sabotage myself. That I am figuring out too. I know I deserve to feel and look great and I want this to be my year. I look forward to talking to you as well.