Alcohol

Options
When it comes to alcohol, of course the best option is to not drink it at all. But if you were to have one or two at a bar, what do you order?

Replies

• lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My favorite would be malibu & diet soda... or diet sprite/7up/etc with flavored vodka. =)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    red wine. I plan for it in my calories as well. Do a little extra cardio in the morning, have my wine in the evening:smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Cranberry & vodka or a margarita. :bigsmile:
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    started drinking rum & diet, it's pretty tasty :)
  • Charrisse
    Options
    I stick to the wine - it has health benifits and tends to be lower cal. I like Merlot, Cab, Pino Noir, and Im trying to learn to like whites - like Pino Girigio
  • dakotalady
    Options
    I would stay away from any kind of rums, beers cuz they are loaded of calories. go for barbon or volkda with diet coke or diet pepsi.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    vodka/bacardi with diet mixer for me, staying away from wine as its extremely fattening :flowerforyou:

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Diet ginger ale and captain. YUM!
  • Manda1987
    Options
    If you're going to have just one or two, drink what you like. IMHO, the only time you should put calories and alcohol ahead of taste is if you're specifically aiming to get drunk.

A vodka tonic is 70 calories. A low-cal beer is anywhere between 55 and 95 calories. What do they have in common? They're pretty gross, and likely not what you wanted in the first place.

I don't drink much, but when I do I make it count. If that means sacrificing an extra 200 calories so that I can have a tasty microbrew instead of a watery light beer, I'll hop on the elliptical for 20 minutes.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Jameson and diet ginger ale. Hennessy and diet coke. Then I babysit 'em since after losing so much, I've become a super lightweight, so I don't need as much to get a good buzz going.
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've just switched from pints of lager to Vodka & Diet Coke.

Reason is simple, roughly 4x the calories in a pint compared to a single Vodka & Diet Coke.
  • mistressdee
    Options
    I own my own mobile bar company called "Reliable Bartending Services" I have invented a skinny Margarita!
    It is one oz cazodores Teguila and half oz of Lime cordial 4oz of carbonated spring water topped off with a squeeze of Lime
    for a total of 93 calories!
    Try is my girlfriends love it as a replacement for the original 500 calorie Marg!
  • mistressdee
    Options
    I hate to break it to you but a Vodka and 4 oz of tonic water is actually 174 calories try Vodka and carbonated spring water with lemon or lime instead:)
  • jlsironen
    jlsironen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    sweet tea vodka and light lemonade mmmm
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    vodka plus diet pop if you're worrying about calories. If you want to just enjoy a drink or two as a small splurge I recommend not having any fruity slushy type drinks. Go for wine or even a Caesar can be okay if it's one. Yes it will be higher in cals than wine or the 60-70 cal vodka/rum/hard liquor drink with diet soda.
    have a great night out!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I own my own mobile bar company called "Reliable Bartending Services" I have invented a skinny Margarita!
    It is one oz cazodores Teguila and half oz of Lime cordial 4oz of carbonated spring water topped off with a squeeze of Lime
    for a total of 93 calories!
    Try is my girlfriends love it as a replacement for the original 500 calorie Marg!

saving this!! thanks for the recommendation :smile: :smile: