Your Focus Determines Your Reality

grouch201
grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Those who focus on their failures are doomed to remain failures. Those who focus on their successes will continue to see success. Whether you've lost weight, you've lost inches, you've gained more stamina in exercise, you've said no to the huge portions of food you used to eat, you've logged all your calories even though you went over, somewhere you HAVE had success. Focus on that success and it will motivate you to continue moving forward instead of giving up and going back to your old habits.

This is a test of your mental stamina just as much as it is a test of physical stamina. You have to train yourself mentally and physically away from the routines that have brought you to the lifestyle you were/are so unhappy with. Many of us filled out the motivations part of our profiles. Remember those motivations and always be on the lookout for new ones. Variety is the spice of life. If you stick with the same thing too long, it becomes routine and boring.

The ultimate reason you probably started this journey may vary, but I'd venture a guess that the root of it is a desire to look, and feel better about who we all are. A healthy lifestyle involves more than just a number on the scale. It encompasses the way we approach life and the way we hope to make the most of the situations we may find ourselves in. I am worth making this change and so are you! Make today different by choosing to see yourself as a success rather than a failure.

Replies

• Great post and I absolutely agree!
    I have noticed (and it is normal) that a lot of people are upset about what the scale is saying or how their clothes aren't dramatically smaller etc. I am just starting this whole scene and personally I'm excited to test my commitment and I'm pleased to discover new ways to live within the limits I must to accomplish my goals. You can make it fun- if you let it be so!!!

P.S.
    I AM having fun doing all of this :). It's a game.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Fantastic post and I whole heartedly agree! :)
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Thank yo so much for this, it's defiantly what I needed to hear. I didn't loose any weight or inches for that matter but I didn't gain any weight. I exercised every day and was able to do things, with my exercise program, this week that I couldn't last week. :-)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Great post.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • WOW! I sooooo needed to hear that message today! Thanks for sharing!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    couldn't agree more!

I have always been someone who loves to work out at the gym (when I am in my weight loss, motivated mode) and have always complained about not being able to / not liking to work out from home. I never felt like it was a 'real' workout (even if I have all the same equipment in my home as I do at the gym).

However, through the power of positive suggestion (wow - sound like a motivational book peddler there!), in the few days I have not been able to go to the gym, I have started powering through my at home workouts. In the moments that I have wanted to quit (which has always been my trouble with at home training), I have been talking to myself (out loud no doubt, my poor family) telling myself that nothing is free - and that if I really and truly want these changes in my life, then I have to stop making excuses. Because for me - I have realized - that's all my roadblocks ever were - excuses, justifying my laziness - even when it was physical (bad back, messed up ankle) those things did not make me eat the way I did .... in the end - Nike got it right - just do it (already!)

Anyways - thank you for your post - it is spot on!
This discussion has been closed.