healthy tips for eating out

dp1228
dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
hey my fellow MFP friends! i always see a lot of my friends on here struggling with weekend events and other things so i thought i'd share this page from the american heart association that gives some really good tips on eating out at all different kinds of restaurants and meal times. it works because restaurants tend to serve the same kind of foods. like im eating mexican tonight and this page helped me pre pick what i wanted. check it out!

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=531

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    When I go to this link it shows me an article on Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation

I don't see anything about eating out and such. :)
  • dp1228
    im sorry about that link fixed! i was editing it after the fact i must have taken off the last number :) thanks for heads up!
  • dp1228

thats actually a different article but that looks really useful too! i just fixed the link so it should be working now. woops!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Thanks! That's helpful! Another thing that I find helpful is to know which specific restaurant I'm going to, look it up online, and head to their "Nutrition Calculator". I then decide what I'm going to eat prior to even getting there, and do NOT look at the menu once I'm there, so I can't see all of the great options that I could be missing, and change my mind! lol

Then I already know exactly how many calories I'll be consuming, and I can work it into my daily allowance on MFP! Most chain restaurants, pizzerias, etc. have the online nutrition calculators set up. I love having all of the guess work and stress taken out of deciding what to eat at a restaurant!
  • dp1228
    Thanks! That's helpful! Another thing that I find helpful is to know which specific restaurant I'm going to, look it up online, and head to their "Nutrition Calculator". I then decide what I'm going to eat prior to even getting there, and do NOT look at the menu once I'm there, so I can't see all of the great options that I could be missing, and change my mind! lol

Then I already know exactly how many calories I'll be consuming, and I can work it into my daily allowance on MFP! Most chain restaurants, pizzerias, etc. have the online nutrition calculators set up. I love having all of the guess work and stress taken out of deciding what to eat at a restaurant!

oh wow i wish the restaurant i was going to had a calculator! i looked for any kind of nutrition facts but i couldnt find one. might be bc its a local spot in greenwich village haha
  • I love love love ethnic food so this info was perfect. Thanks!
  • dp1228
    I love love love ethnic food so this info was perfect. Thanks!

no problem!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Great link! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.