Sucess with Zumba?

Options
Has anyone had success with it such as weight loss, inches lost or even more definition in their body? I try to do it everyday and I have been do it consistently for 2 weeks so I was curious.

Thanks ,
Amy

Edit: Sorry about the spelling in the title:oops

Replies

• countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know - im starting Wednesday to compliment my running - so excited !!!
  • reeveskl28
    reeveskl28 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it 3 times a week for the past month i lost 8 inches and 12 pounds so i would say yes although thats not the only thing i do i still incorporate some strength training by going to curves but i dont go as often as i should so i thinks it's mostly the zumba since you can burn anywhere from 400-1000 calories a session
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    yes, im much more toned than i used to be (esp bum and thighs), and i lost 17lbs and 6 inches.all over i used to go to a class twice a week, have had to cut down due to work commitments to one class. but do the dvd twice a week and have now started the 30ds
  • coypelican
    Options
    It is fun and cannot hurt! But, someone with more understanding of the science behind weight loss will probably say that lean muscle will work for you even when you are not working. So weight training is very very important too!
  • sheaschierling
    Options
    I have been doing it for a couple months now trying for at least 3x a week and also walking one or two days. I also just started watching what I eat 2 weeks ago and have lost around 7 lbs. It is a great cardio workout and you can add more move and enthusiasm to get a better work out when you want to burn even more. Overall it is just a ton of fun. I absolutely love it. I am very uncoordinated but somehow manage to do alright. If it seemd hard at first give it a few weeks to get the routines down and enjoy. Good luck !!:smooched:
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    INCHES! I'm conviced I've lost weight from eating healthy and inches from zumba. I take it in a class setting at my gym and my HRM says I usually burn around 700 calories in the hour. I've been doing it several times a week since september and I've lost inches everywhere! The biggest change was my calfs. I have big calfs to begin with but I've lost 1.25 inches from EACH calf. Looooove zumba :)