ON A ROLL TO LOSE THE ROLLS.....

Options
Hello everyone,

Short n sweet. My name is Sara. I am 5'11 and 25 years old. Like many others, I have been battling weight issues my entire life. It has been a struggle that is coming to an end (Can you feel my determination???) My goal.... weigh less than I did in grade 6. Before you all judge me (C'mon, you judged me....) in grade 6 I weighed a hefty 160+lbs. I was a heavy baby, big kid, fat teen and am overweight now. This is my new beginning once and for all.

I have been counting calories for just under a week now and have already lost 7 lbs, 7 lbs of the 48 I intend to lose! My starting weight....208.8lbs. When I succeed, it wll be the first time in my life that I will have been that small...soo........you can say I'm pretty excited to see the outcome. This is not a diet......for me, it's regaining some control after feeling lost for a long time now. This is my hello to you all!

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I'm from Chatham, Ontario, although I have NO idea where Orleans is in relation to me!
  • Thefitdifference
    Thefitdifference Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's in Ottawa.........about 15 minutes east. Nice to meet you too.
  • coypelican
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for the " I can do it" attitude!! I am Cheryl from Charlotte!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    Options
    Nice! Are you guys getting a huge dumping of snow there? We were supposed to get approx. 2 cm. today, and we currently have almost three inches!
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    Hello! :flowerforyou: Glad to see another person joining MFP! It's such a great place, not only to track your progress, but to get motivation and support. There are so many amazing qualities about this site, and I know you'll enjoy them all.
    I live in USA (so I don't know where any of you live [besides Canada]) but that's okay.
    I'll add you!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    Welcome! Kinda interesting...i'm in phoenix az but lived for a year in waterloo, ontario! also started at the same weight as you, only i'm 5'6" (boo!) Good luck with your journey!
  • Thefitdifference
    Options
    Snow isn;t coming down at all right now actually, Wednesday we had it pretty bad. I actually adore this site and as for the can do attitude........we all need it. I'm a very positive person (most ofthe time) Its just time I get off thelow carb diet....(I would eat carbs when I felt low! BAHAHA!) True story. Pleased to meet you all!
  • Thefitdifference
    Options
    ps can someone tell me where the

SW:
    CW:
    GW:

and motivational quotes can be added! pls n ty!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wonder how many of us grew up overweight. I was one of those people too!
    I think you'll really like this website. Lots of support here and great info too!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara I feel your pain I came into the world 9 lbs 4 oz and its been down hill ever since lol. I weighed in @ 202....at age 12. :noway: sad but true. I'm the new trailblazer teaching my family that food can be healthy & tasty. Feel free to send me an add request.
  • redhum
    redhum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome SJ, You look quite thin in the picture you posted? I have been at this since a little before Thanksgiving. Yes, I actually was dieting through the holidays. I've never been extremely overweight, but have slowly packed it on. If you read my bio, it will explain myself as a seasonal dieter. This time I have been steadily loosing weight and I can say with absolute confidence that this is the way to do it. Don't crash diet. Take the opportunity to loose weight slower, and at the same time, you'll learn (teach yourself) how to eat better. Makeing it a lifestyle change. The only problem for a quick results guy like me is... It takes a lot longer, but eventually, you'll find yourself no always hungry and less interested in food. At this point I keep adjusting my goal weight down. Trying first to lose 10 lbs. and then trying to get back to a weight based purely on decades of my life. In other words, I'm just inside my 50's, I've been through my 40"s and I'm now shooting for the weight I was in my 30"s
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just joined today! Your attitude seems amazing! I plan to count calories, too. Is that the only thing you count?
  • Thefitdifference
    Options
    Hey guys.....appreciate the encuragement and words! I thought counting caloris would SUCK......but it's actually pretty simple thanks to my handy app on my touch! I make sure I log in my workouts too andfor ****s and giggle my water intake. As for my thin pic....That was three years ago....I was about 25 lbs lighter. Its funny....I lose all my weight in the face first..... damn the people who got thighs as their region. Seriously though, asides from being the fat girl with the pretty face, my face is generally pretty small..... I'm loving this site and the feedback.....
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Penny from the UK. Welcome to the site and wishing you success on your quest
    :smile:
  • LindseyAnn19
    Options
    Congrats on taking control! I just started not too long ago but I'm loving it! If you need a buddy feel free to friend me. Good luck on your journey!
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome. I too have been on the big side all my life. Good luck on your journey. Nice attitude. Feel free to friend me. I see we have similar goals in common also in age.
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • amandakay23
    Options

SW:
    CW:
    GW:

If you are in the message boards it is the 'signature' up there with the little orange arrow next to it. In a vey random place If you ask me! Then you just put what you want in there. And welcome :flowerforyou:
  • ChRiStA_1983
    Options

SW:
    CW:
    GW:

You click on "Message Boards", and you'll see a list of options (written in blue), right above the list of forum topics....It says "Home", "Recent Posts", "My Topics", "Signature", and "Search". Click on SIGNATURE, and that's how you do it! You enter it as your signature, and it'll automatically show up each time you post in a forum, below your post!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    Options
    You click on "Message Boards", and you'll see a list of options (written in blue), right above the list of forum topics....It says "Home", "Recent Posts", "My Topics", "Signature", and "Search". Click on SIGNATURE, and that's how you do it! You enter it as your signature, and it'll automatically show up each time you post in a forum, below your post!