Squelching That Chocolate Craving!

Options
So, I have a weakness for chocolate. I LOVE chocolate. But it seems now that I've been eating healthy and watching myself, I am getting these ridiculous chocolate cravings. I haven't given in yet, but does anybody have any tips on healthy alternatives? Is dark chocolate really better for you than milk chocolate?

Replies

• princess_f
    Options
    dark choc is better but i find a 40 calorie Options hot chocolate drink takes the cravings right away!
  • brandi16
    Options
    Try one devils food cake mix (check each one, some are WAY lower in calories) and add ONLY one can of 100% pumpkin (a 15oz can). Cook like you would any cupcake, but you will probably only get 18 out of the batch...only around 100 calories each and they taste like brownies!!! SUPER moist!! You can also add Fat-Free Whipped topping for a few calories...
  • msemejuru
    Options
    One week a month I will hurt someone if I don't get chocolate. My favorite crave busters are:

Jello LiveActive chocolate bliss pudding - 60 calories
    Hot chocolate
    Freeze mini candy bars and bring one out at dinner to have later when I'm done
  • yolandita
    yolandita Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think dark chocolate is better, but i'm not sure. I love chocolate cake and do induldge in betty crocker warm delights. They are these 150 cal chocolate mini cakes that you bake in the microwave and have the best kinda frostin ..aaahhh. They are spectacularly good and guilt free, if you work it into your cals, that is. :0
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    60 cal jello pudding or mousse does the trick... or a 90 cal fiberplus bar with chocolate :]
  • sweetdee88
    Options
    fat free sugar free chocolate pudding is my favorite. no funny taste either, like some diet snacks have. i buy either the boxed mixes or the snack packs--those are only 60 calories each, and they're already portioned out for you. or maybe a handful of hershey kisses? not sure of the calorie content in them, but i don't think they're terribly high. good luck!
  • emilyhbrown
    Options
    Ive heard this devil cake with pumpkin in it recipe before. Why do you put the pumpkin in it
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of funsized musketeers in my desk, I also have picked up the Quaker chocolate mini rice cakes, which are surprsingly good, and I also keep a container of cookie dough(ready to cook0 in the fridge, usually one of those will hit the spot, or at least, it just did :)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    When I've got a craving for chocolate I have a Fiber One bar with the chocolate chips in it. I loooooove those and at 140calories they make a great filling snack...
  • mommamo5
    Options
    I have chocolate almost every day...
    I love the sugar-free chocolate vitatops!
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I do chocolate every day, too. Dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate... you get more of the benefits with less sugar and fat.

That aside, though, my favourite chocolate fixes are chocolate chai tea, chocolate pudding (I love a spoonful of PB in it) and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
  • chrysnel
    Options
    Dark chocolate is definitely better. I have a couple of bars of 85% cocoa dark chocolate in my freezer. When I get a craving (like I did last night), I break of one square and eat it really slow, just savour it... by the time it's done, my craving is gone, and I don't have any guilt! :wink:
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    buy the tiny chocolate bars and then get some one to hide them from you when you need one you can ask for one and they only have 120 cals yum yum
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I completely gave it up. Best thing I ever did, now I don't crave it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i don't even try to beat the cravings. :) When I want chocolate, I eat a third of a hersheys bar (70 cal) or a skinny cow fudge bar (50 cal)

Just make sure you only eat a little of it.. that's the hard part! :) Best of luck to you!
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate - 25 cals
    Chocolate Vitatop - 100 cals
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Chocolate Milk - 45 cals
    Jello sugar free pudding - 60 cals
    Healthy Choice fudge bar- 100 cals
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    I usually keep dark chocolate on hand. I love the Dove Dark Chocolate silky promises. I usually just eat one or two of those.

Other ideas:
    Hot chocolate, pudding, jell-o mousse (you can freeze it, too!), or chocolate cool whip topping.
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    chocolate is one thing I can't give up- if I tried I would just end up binging!! My favorites are any kind of skinny cow ice cream or bars and dark chocolate kisses or bars. I just suck on one peice of chocolate till its all meted and that usually takes care of the craving. If its been a bad day sometimes it takes 2 peices of chocolate! I eat some form of chocolate pretty much ever day.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am taking chocolate brownie mix and instead of using the VERY CALORIE FILLED oil, I use a cup of Applesauce! They taste good too!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is definitely better. I have a couple of bars of 85% cocoa dark chocolate in my freezer. When I get a craving (like I did last night), I break of one square and eat it really slow, just savour it... by the time it's done, my craving is gone, and I don't have any guilt! :wink:

i do that too! Also have a chocolate options drink most days for 40 cals. Learnt years ago that if I don't have it one day I'll break out, go mad & eat a boxful at one sitting!!